1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Health & Safety and 3D Printing.
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Welcome from a newbie

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Wisey, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Aug 19, 2019
    Wisey

Wisey Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    canon Pro-1
    Hi everyone, im a long time photographic nut, amateur i might add, but really love all aspects of the hoby.

I came across this forum while searching for a potensial problem with my Canon Pro-1, i say (potential) my printer has been stood idle with empty printer cartridges now for about 3 years, so i decided before i go out and spend probably £300 pounds on printer cartridges to see if it would start printing again or if it would need a new print head, ive also discovered from this site that if it does need a print head i would need some help of an expert on how to go about this procedure.

Please what shall i do with this printer, is it worth spending the money on new ink and a print head or have i to just count my loses and bin it ?? i might just add...this printer has done really nothing, it has only had one set of cartridges through its entirety.

thanks and hello everyone :thumbsup

Andrew

The Hat likes this.
  2. Aug 20, 2019
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..