Weird light Magneta printing problem

sx57

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello dear members
Printer Model:MP 540 multifunction printer
Cartridges:eek:riginal canon cartridges
Ink:refilled Wox Brand through top fill method using another hole i made with pin

Problem:
my main problem is with light levels of Magenta color being not printed.my printer has 3 levels of Cyan and Magenta color in Nozzle Check Pattern(NCP) test page and the problem was seen a month ago when i started to use the print after it was left for about 6 months disconnected out of power in a corner.a big mistake i made.i think i can call the levels:dark Magenta -light Magenta -lightest Magenta .
1-i did some cleaning and deep cleaning,taking NCP tests.there was some clogged nozzles and light Magenta didnt(both levels) print.
2-i came to this site and learned that i could wash my printer's head under strict current of water and i did so.it solved the clogged nozzles completely and the light Magenta printed after a few cycles but the lightest Magenta problem still remained.weird thing was that my BK color started to have some white lines in second NCP test after washing the head!
3-i tested the purge system and tried to clean it with 98percent alcohol because i couldn't find the mentioned Windex in my country.
i flooded the purge system with alcohol and it stayed there for more than one minute(no leakage i think) and when i closed the cover and opened it after a few minutes,the alcohol was gone,so there seems to be no problem with purge system or leakage in it.
4-after trying to clean it with 98% alcohol the lightest Magenta came sometimes but after one or two NCP tests,it disappeared again.after leaving the printer for 24 hours or more i could see the lightest Magenta again but after 1 or 2 NCP tests it was gone.if i made a deep cleaning it was gone again.
5- 4 days ago i put more alcohol(two days and everyday 4 time i flooded purge system with alcohol). today i saw that i can see lightest Magenta again but it disappears after 2 to 3 cycles of NCP test.the difference today is that if i make 1 or 2 head cleaning it will come back for another 2 cycles or i can wait 5 to 10 mins instead of 24 hours to test and see the lightest magenta again.also if i try to print a photo it will have very unnatural color and light magenta starts to disappear alongside the lightest magenta when i make NCP test.so as you see the problem is really unstable and both light magentas,specially the lightest one appear and disappear again as if i have a very small storage of this colors that runs out of ink rapidly.
unfortunately i can't post images now.system says reduce them to 0
please help me to solve this problem.this one is really driving me to an asylum!;)
thank you all:)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi and welcome.

What I can gather from your cries for help is that the magenta colour is no printing correctly.

Try and change out the cartridge (Magenta) for another good one that you know
is working properly and see if that helps solve your poor ink flow problems.

Its very possible that your cartridge is causing your problem and the best way to correct that is to purge all the ink from it,
then properly dry it, reset the chip and refill again that should get it working again as good as new..

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with the Canon Pixma MP 620 and Magenta. Poor cart feeding is usually the problem. I purged mine refilled and got it working again.

I would recommend a weekly Nozzle check I have a list stuck to the printer and tick each time I do a check any omissions clearly show.

Not familiar with the ink you are using, that may have some bearing on your problems. The Hat's suggestions should get you going again.

I have now purchased a mid-price compatible cart which I keep just for such occasions. If a commercial cart prints OK you at least know that the refilled one is likely to be the culprit.

Good luck with your efforts.

sx57

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thank you both dear friends for your assistance
i did what you said and purged both magenta and bk cartridges.
now the magenta problem is solved but there is still some white line in NCP test on the bk line test
could you kindly give me a hand about that?
the link of the uploaded image:ww.nifty-stuff.com/forum/uploads/10902_perfect.jpg
i removed the first one w so that i could post the link
as you see the last line is not smooth
thank you all :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
When you constantly refill the same cartridges again and again they can suffer from a condition called poor ink flow
it is caused by the outlet sponge getting clogged up with dried ink and old ink particles etc.

So if in the future you see signs of poor print quality again, it is usually the cartridge that has the problem and not your print head,
also it is a good to do a nozzle check once a week just to keep the print head in good condition.

The little lines you see in your photo black output can sometime appear but will normally go away after a short while
once your printer has settle down from all the pulling about it has gotten..

sx57

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thanks mate.i appreciate your kind assitance