Weird color shift on split images

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I must admit I'm lost, it's getting all too complex, too many images etc.
Please try to simplify the case as much as possible - do the same with a simple monocolor color patch - blue or cyan or red or orange , cut it in half with your, and another software, redo the prints, change the size or print with a pause in between, with all the other parameters unchanged, same inks, same driver settings , same paper etc

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Ah ha, now were getting to the bottom of the bag, they are not in fact two separate photos, they were one till your cropped it and then made it into two.

Don’t you know that cropping JPEG’s and resaving them again as JPEG’s causes all sorts of colour problems to materialise later, it’s something you should study more of, printers don’t print mistakes, unless they are given them..:hu

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
we are still searching a hidden variable, can you do these test prints on another printer , within the family or at a friend ? What are your driver settings, is there any 'Photo/image Enhance' option activated ? - which can cause just these problems - changing contrast, brightness and white balance/color temperature automatically. That needs to be turned off for these experiments. Such photo enhance option can turn a beautiful sunset image into a dull looking photo by adjusting the white balance, taking the red away.

Last edited:

LoRenx

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5750
Thanks for all the suggestions, I just found a solution.
It was indeed an application error. Namely, a Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX software issue. I just printed using Windows default Photos app and the results were perfect.

I should have tried Photos app much earlier, but I needed borderless option enabled and I thought it didn't have that option. I randomly just discovered it. It only reveals itself when selecting more options in print preview mode and then scrolling all the way down.
Easy-PhotoPrint EX is the last link you could suspect because how could a 'professional' photo printing program even attemt to mess with colors on its own. But who knows, maybe the issue was just a combination of this programm and this paticular printer model. It also only accepted .jpg (not even .png was acceptable) so I am really glad I don't have to use it again.
Again, thanks for your helpfulness.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Thanks for feedback, software with a prefix 'Easy' typically may even do some 'optimizations' in the background without telling the user, or you can turn it off in a hidden menu.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I should have tried Photos app much earlier, but I needed borderless option enabled and I thought it didn't have that option.
I asked you to use a different application in order to diagnose the origin of the problem, not necessarily to give you the final finished result you wanted. The idea is to simplify things in order to diagnose without confounders or unnecessary complications. After diagnosis then you can work on the fix.

I am glad you are now able to print the images you want. :thumbsup