Weight of Canon/ Canon Compatible Cartridges

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is the weight of

1) one canon cartridge filled with Ink
2) one empty canon cartridge (without any ink)

for Canon CLI-8 & PGI-5BK series?

And for 1 whole set of CLI-8 (CMYK) & PGI-5BK, how heavy is it?

I wanted to purchase something oversea but don't have weighing machine. If you know ,appreciate if you could advice me. Thanks.

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Hi Lin,

One full Canon CLI-8 cart = 0.95 ounce
One empty Canon CLI-8 cart = 0.51 ounce
One full Canon PGI-5BK cart = 1.60 ounce
One empty Canon PGI-5BK cart = 0.72 ounce

One full set of Canon CLI-8 CMYK + PGI-5BK = 5.4 ounce

Don't forget that the packing and the box may increase the weight to nearly double.

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
canonfodder said:
Hi Lin,

One full Canon CLI-8 cart = 0.95 ounce
One empty Canon CLI-8 cart = 0.51 ounce
One full Canon PGI-5BK cart = 1.60 ounce
One empty Canon PGI-5BK cart = 0.72 ounce

One full set of Canon CLI-8 CMYK + PGI-5BK = 5.4 ounce

Don't forget that the packing and the box may increase the weight to nearly double.
Canonfodder, thank you very much for replying.

So may I conclude that the weight for

Without factoring the Packaging yet
One full set of Canon CLI-8 CMYK + PGI-5BK (With Ink) = 5.4 ounce
One full set of Empty Canon CLI-8 CMYK + PGI-5BK (Without Ink) = 2.76 ounce

Inclusive of Packaging (considering that the weight may increase to nearly double)
One full set of Canon CLI-8 CMYK + PGI-5BK (With Ink) = 5.4 ounce * 2 = 10.8 ounce
One full set of Empty Canon CLI-8 CMYK + PGI-5BK (Without Ink) = 2.76 ounce * 2 = 5.52 ounce

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Update. Finally purchased something oversea. However, the seller ship out the wrong items. Though it's similar which I could still use but it's not what I had requested and specifically asked and paid for. Contacted the seller via email and send short message service (via mobile), however the seller is not responding. I even made international call since the seller is not responding but he doesn't pick up the call. I also called the sender number on the freight shipping form. The moment I addressed the person name, he immediately hanged up.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity I picked up a newly refilled BCI-6 cartrige and weighed it yesterday. It was 1.1 oz. There was no box but it was still in the plastic wrap. I don't know where the cartridge came from. It looked like a compatible refilled. It's definitely heavier than 0.95 oz. I wonder why you want to know about the weight of an ink cartridge.

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Tin Ho said:
Just out of curiosity I picked up a newly refilled BCI-6 cartrige and weighed it yesterday. It was 1.1 oz. There was no box but it was still in the plastic wrap. I don't know where the cartridge came from. It looked like a compatible refilled. It's definitely heavier than 0.95 oz. I wonder why you want to know about the weight of an ink cartridge.
I wanted to roughly calculate how much the cost of the shipping.