Weekly Test Page for ET-7750 To Prevent Clogging?

alockbox

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
EcoTanks
Hello all, I’m trying to see if there’s a test page pdf that uses all five inks in the ET-7750 ecotank, just enough to keep them from clogging but still economical.

I think it would be a great idea to have this for the CMYK models as well.

My plan is to setup a reoccurring shortcut on my phone or computer that prints the sheet once or twice a week automatically in the event I’m not currently using it or I’m out of town. Much more economical than running a cleaning cycle.

I know there’s test pages the manufactures sometimes post to show off the printer’s quality.

I have no issue building this file myself if need be, I’m skilled in photoshop and illustrator. I just wouldn’t know exactly how to ensure I’m forcing all inks to be used during print unless I do a rainbow that transitions. I’m familiar with color mixing but at the end of the day the printer decides what to do where. This is particular hard with the ET-7750 that has photo black as well as regular black.

Ideally, I’d like to print this on plain paper.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
it does not really matter, you can print simple CMYK patches or images or color patch sheet for profiling, but you should be aware that both black inks are not used at the same time - the matte black ink 105 prints on normal and matte paper, and the other 106 black prints on glossy papers , the selection happens via the paper selection in the driver, and you cannot select matte and glossy at the same time.

alockbox

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
EcoTanks
Thank you for that information!
Do you have a suggestion in your experience for how often I should print just to be sure and avoid clogs?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Do you have a suggestion in your experience for how often I should print just to be sure and avoid clogs?
I'm not aware of any time window per printer model because it depends on various parameters, the condition of the printer, the ambient situation, it could relate to the type of ink you are using and more.

Just start with a weekly period, and you may try to expand the time window slowly until you get the first nozzle drop outs so you can go back from there. And be aware that the ambient situation - humidity - temperature has an influence as well and may even change over the course of the year.

Last edited:

alockbox

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
EcoTanks
Yeah I figured all of that would factor in as well, I was thinking starting with once or twice a week. Perhaps I’ll just go every 8 days or so! Thank you!

maximilian59

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-1000, Pro-100s, Xp-7100
I am on refill with a XP-7100 with these inks and have no problems over weeks. If I want to print a photo I print a nozzle check. Here are all inks used and you can see wether there is a problem. Only had once a problem as far as I remember last summer after three or four weeks. One cleaning cycle cleared all nozzles.
i don’t know how to trigger a nozzle check from my iPad therefore I do it occasionally on the printer.
If you print patches use Epson Photo Quality Ink Jet Paper as media. I think it uses both blacks.