Waste tank almost full (Canon ip4000)

ip4000

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just when I though I had tackled the clogging issue this waste pad almost full pops up!

(fuming ... getting back composure)

OK. Where is the tank in ip4000? This unit is exactly one month old. I've been printing CD labels and borderless A4 a lot.
If there is a tank somewhere I'm sure someone has found a way.

(few minutes later)
OK the "tank" or white sponge is not full at all. IMHO it must be the internal counter that is wrong.

www.neilslade.com should have info on resetting the EEPROM on this. Unfortunately it appears to be down.

ip4000

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
(answering myself)
I got this from another message here:
-- quote --
Okay, I've received a few requests for the code I used on my i860 so I'm going to post it. I take no responsibility for what these codes do to your printer.

From what I read these were designed for the i550 and i850. The extended nozzle test pattern worked on my i860.
CAUTION: After using the code on my i860 I couldn't print anymore so I had to turn off the printer, unplug the USB cable, turn the printer back on, and re-plug in the USB cable.

Start with the printer OFF

1. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
2. release RESUME (while still holding down the POWER)
3. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
4. The green light will blink and the printer will make some noise. Wait until this is finished, you are now in the printer's diagnostic mode.

To select one of the functions below, use the RESUME button and then press POWER to execute:

# of RESUME Presses - Light Color - Function

0 - green - Power Off
1 - orange - Service Test Print: Extended nozzle check pattern
2 - green - EEPROM information print
3 - orange - EEPROM initialize
4 - green - reset waste ink counter (For the Canon waste tank full error)
There are other options beyond these first 5, but from what I hear they do things that you don't want to mess with.

If you are brave and test these codes, please report back what does and doesn't work for your printer.

Remember... ATTEMPT THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
-- end quote --

Above seemed to work for ip4000 also (I used # 4).

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hey... I posted that back in the day... glad it helped you! I dread the day that I get the waste tank full error code now that I'm using an IP750. Hopefully I'll be able to scrounge up the reset code for that when the time comes.