Waste Ink Sponges - Epson C-120

RipR

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Anybody aware of info on how to get to the waste ink pads/sponges in the Epson C-120 printer?
I hate essentially probing blindly into a printer because I seem to always crack a plastic tab.
A photo guide to the innards would be highly useful.

I created a CIS from components that seems to work with this printer OK although it may be siphoning black ink, in particular, thru the print head when it is parked. I want to see how copiously the pad may be soaked. Also the yellow head is clogged and that's another potential problem. I've tried the soaking remedies but - no joy. It is possible I damaged it in futzing around.

I have a small ultrasound jewelry cleaner and I would love to dunk the whole printhead in it and see if that does anything. Previous surgery on an Epson revealed that getting the printhead free involves major disassembly. But then, even if I could extract it, the realignment issues when replacing the head would probably doom further use even if I got it de-gummed. Engineering design like a modern car - bring it into the shop lad!

Since the cost of the printer is now quite cheap, it would probably be best to just trash it and buy a new one. (But I HATE it when an electro-mechanical device can't be fixed by repair or component replacement at home.)

Anyhow, advice - info solicited.

TIA

Rip

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I'd love to know myself :) but unfortunately I've not had access to one of those units.

What I can tell you though is that the D120 is the follow on from the D88 and for those you had to remove a side panel to get at the waste ink tube..

If you can figure out how to get the side panel off then I would be VERY interested in photos and a description of how it's done.

If you're UK based I can also send you the necessary tubing and kit for an external waste ink kit so let me know if that's any use to you