WANTED: Epson printers to look over

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
This if for any of you who own an Epson printer, who haven't installed a CIS and still have the original packaging... Oh and you live in the UK!

In a nutshell (my favourite phrase :)) I'd like to "borrow" one of the following printers so I can take a look at them, take some pictures, gently prise the side off and find out how it is possible to install a waste ink tank.

Why? Well because I've started selling waste ink tanks on ebay and I'd like to create a full and comprehensive list of possible printers that can be supported as well as the documentation and videos to go with it.

Yes, this does sound horribly invasive but the patient will survive and if you are interested I will happily fit a waste ink bag (yes I have bags now) and send it back. I'll even pay the parcelforce48 costs to get it here and back.

So the printers are:
- R1800
- R2400
- R800

There are others so if you have suggestions please do post below because I am whoefully out of date with these things and need reminder.

Obviously I'm not going to trash, ebay or otherwise "harm" your printer if you are interested, I would prefer to be able to find folks living relatively close to Sheffield so I could just visit a printer in situ' but failing that I'd happily take a "broken" or "spares and repair" printer to get the necessary intel. The key thing though is that the printer can be transported as safely as possible in it's original box, with all the original packing (polystyrene, etc..) so it gets to and from here in one piece.

Feel free to post below, or just point and laugh... Cheers, Martin :)

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Websnail,.. I have about 6 Epson printers that I'm do to repair in several weeks. These are in the R3XX group and a couple of all in ones. When I take them apart I create Digital photos for my Repair Manuals. I'll share with you the info you need. Sorry, can't ship one to the UK,..LOL. When you get time, let me know some more specifics of what kind of pictures you need. You know how to contact me.

By the way, all of my ancestors come from Banbury, Oxford, in England, from 1554. How far is that from you.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Trigger 37 said:
Websnail,.. I have about 6 Epson printers that I'm do to repair in several weeks. These are in the R3XX group and a couple of all in ones. When I take them apart I create Digital photos for my Repair Manuals. I'll share with you the info you need. Sorry, can't ship one to the UK,..LOL.
Sheesh, that's just sooooo selfish ;)...

Nah... thanks for that, it would be an enormous help.

When you get time, let me know some more specifics of what kind of pictures you need. You know how to contact me.
Really all I'm after are pictures of the stages required to get to and expose the waste ink tube, as well as which end to put an external waste pipe/tube. That's really about it.

By the way, all of my ancestors come from Banbury, Oxford, in England, from 1554. How far is that from you.
LOL... well I feel confident that I haven't met your ancestors, might have missed than by, ooh a century or five, but I hail from Kent (about 150 miles East South East of Oxford) but live up in the Sheffield area now (Yorkshire).