Wanted Canon MP500 installation CD.

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
If you have a copy of a Canon MP500 installation disk you would like to sell please send a PM.
Please, this only applies to residents of the United States so please do not respond if you are outside of the lower 48 states.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Ron:

Did you get a disk for the other printer you inquired about? Your thread for that wasn't online for very long.

I only have the one for the MP830.

Maybe someone could zip up a copy of the disk and put it on a file sharing website for you to download. Would only cost electricity then. Unless that's illegal. Then it could cost a lot more! Is it legal to share a copy of Canon's installation CD in this fashion? Seems like it shouldn't be a problem since you can download the software off Canon's website.

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Thanks Stratman I still need a installation CD for a iP4500 and a MP500.

The trouble is I can only deal with people who live in the lower 48 States in the US.

The CDs are for elderly folks that have so much crud on their computer that the computer will not let me download the drivers from Canon. If I can just get hold of original CDs or copies every thing will work out fine.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Hi Ron

The best best way to upload/download an installation disc is to use a CD/DVD burning program to create a .iso file image, and burn the downloaded image to a disc. This way you will get an exact copy of the installation disc and autorun etc. will work properly.

I have had problems downloading drivers and manuals from various European Canon sites. Some times you get a page not found error or an Internal server error message, when you click a link on their site, so maybe it is not a problem with the home computers, belonging to the elderly people? I hope that those server problems are only temporary, else we will all have to look for a free file sharing service.

Peter

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hi Ron350, I had the CD. I can copy and upload but it may take a couple of days. I am not in US but when you click on the CD to start the installation, a dialogue prompt will to ask for your the location, you can select US. Let me know if you want it.

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
PeterBJ and Lin thanks for the help but I do not think that will help me because I am on slow dial-up and I have trouble downloading drivers to my computer.

My only option us to find installation CDs or copies for sale in the US. I will keep checking ebay every day and might get lucky.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I can send you a copy of my MP500 Setup CD ROM. No Charge. Please check your PM.

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Mikling and The Hat thank you very much for the installation disk.

Ron