Very cheap genuine HP A3 microporous high gloss photopaper

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
On ebay I found on a german site very cheap A3 high gloss photopaper (about 260 gsm), with excellent printing results, microporous synthetical paper, instant dry, scratch resistant etc. according to the seller. It was only 12,49/50 sheets, which I find very cheap. I normally pay about 4 times that price for my Tetenal photoglossy paper.

Well, I give it a try and ordered a package of it and about 1 week later the paper arrived. Unfortunately the handling was a bit shaggy and the corners a little bit bent, but not serious or visible though. On the first sight the paper looked very good: high white colour, a perfect glossy appeareance and when I turned over to see the backside I discovered it was genuine HP photoglossy paper !!! Whow, this is very cheap: only 1/5 of the original retailprice.

The reason why it was so cheap is when I compared it to a piece of tetenal A3 paper: obviously it was a production error during the cutting process from the larger batch: A3 is 29,7 x 42 cm, this paper has a slightly smaller dimension: 29,45 x 42 cm, about 0,25 cm or 1/10 of an inch narrower, but who cares for that price ?

I printed a piece of paper with a test image to see what the results are: the photo looks excellent and the colours are very well balanced on this paper. No "pizza wheels" syndrome or any noticable colour casts can be seen. The only setback would be when borderless printing is done, care has to be taken to correct for the slightly smaller dimension to avoid excess ink pooling near the overspray area. But I think this would only be a real problem when you print a lot of A3 at a time, not giving time for the overspray sponge to absorb the ink properly.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi Simon, you can give it a try. It was from a larger batch of 8 packages and I purchased only 1 package of it. Just type in: fotopapier A3 in ebay and you'll find the seller in Germany.

bryan9

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
To save others the trouble, 'fotopapier a3' produced no results on the U.S. eBay, or U.S. eBay with 'worldwide' checked, on December 27, 2008. Whatever stock that store had is long gone, it seems.