Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
it all depends what you want to print, for which purpose, what your expectations are in terms of quality. Lasers may print with better color saturation on normal copy paper, here are inkjets pretty weak. But photoprints on photopaper with inkjets are def. better than Laserprinters - so it all depends - it' your choice, or you are looking for the cost of refill ink vs. toners etc

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
most of the dye ink solvent are glykoles, and they are water soluble, but that makes it all too complex I think, and 'watery' pigment inks are actually suspensions. Solvent based inks won't work in desktop printers, and are typically used in large format printers. Look for inks which are targeted at Epson desktop printers, Durabrite compatible or else.

You won't believe that here in VN people actually use eco-solvent ink + a dirt cheap long-discontinued Epson printer to print. It's one-time use. When they get a project, they will prepare the printer and ink, and once start to run, it runs continuously non-stop until done, and when done they deliver the project and throw the printer away.

In here, sellers don't actually and correctly categorize ink type (or they do it their own way, to hide away the correct and original term so that others can't import and sell the same, thereby compete them in the market). When we say we want pigment ink for desktop Epson printer, they would reply that we only have this one, use for all. Here is an example. We, buyers, have to evaluate and consider the options ourselves since we (people who visit this forum and learnt all kinds of terms and definitions in English, in its correct, original form.) don't speak the same term as they do, so misunderstanding occurs.

Thank you so much :) I love the colorful colors like dye-ink, maybe I will buy more laser printer to print documents instead use inkjet.

it all depends what you want to print, for which purpose, what your expectations are in terms of quality. Lasers may print with better color saturation on normal copy paper, here are inkjets pretty weak. But photoprints on photopaper with inkjets are def. better than Laserprinters - so it all depends - it' your choice, or you are looking for the cost of refill ink vs. toners etc

I agree. :)

Document? Black? Nothing can't beat a dirt-cheap monochrome laser printer + refill toner and cartridges. I recommend HP. If you must print under very strict power source that can't handle the peak current hog of laser, go with inkjet and pigment ink. It's still good enough for normal use, just print speed is much slower. Need for speed and can afford 100 watt peak and a little bit bulky size? Go with HP Officejet Pro X series and there are 1 or 2 importers already import water-based pigment ink specially made for HP PageWide printer.

Document? Color? Well, single-pass color laser printer will still beat inkjet but the price is still high and most importantly the quality refill color toner are very very difficult to find in VN - this's the key point. So go inkjet + pigment ink is your choice here. Print many and need for speed? Go with HP Officejet Pro X series and there are 1 or 2 importers already import water-based pigment ink specially made for HP PageWide printer.

Photo? Whatever black/color? Nah, inkjet please :D 4, 6 or more inkjet printer system is the way to go. Go with dye if you print on photo paper and put them inside. Go with pigment if you put them outside. No need to care for water resistant since the photo paper takes care of it, or just laminate the printout and you're good to go.

PS: When I say pigment ink, I mean...pigment ink :D i.e water-based pigment ink for desktop printers. Pigment UV? No, stay away from it regardless of the marketting and ads and blabla, unless you need to print on couche and decal paper.