Using older type inks to refill new cartridges

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
ThrillaMozilla

Thank you for clarifying your misunderstanding on what I actually wrote rather than what you taught Id written,
anyone can make a mistake, myself included so Im glad youve been able to sorted that out.
I dont know about the grey eminences bit dough, its somewhat overwhelming for such a small statement.. :bow

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
bluecrabby Thought the refill kit looked interesting, particularly the moulded insert you inserted, once the ball removed. Then top fill with small bottles which could pass through the insert.

Not sure what happens to the displaced air with most of the normal ball's area filled in, but seems to work. Also noted only 3/4/7/8 filled which concurs with The Hats advice.

The small bottles look very handy to use.

bluecrabby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes, the refill kits are similar to what I've been using (from Sanwa Supply in Japan). Thinking about the problems I've been having leads me to believe that my refilling methods and timing were bad, and that the printer and refill product are fine. Thus my decision to get a new print head and give it a go.

The only problem is that the heads seem to ONLY be available on Yahoo auctions, so I have to sit around the computer at the right time to make sure I get one. Oh well.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
bluecrabby said:
Yes, the refill kits are similar to what I've been using (from Sanwa Supply in Japan). Thinking about the problems I've been having leads me to believe that my refilling methods and timing were bad, and that the printer and refill product are fine. Thus my decision to get a new print head and give it a go.

The only problem is that the heads seem to ONLY be available on Yahoo auctions, so I have to sit around the computer at the right time to make sure I get one. Oh well.
You can get a print head here on this link in the US. :)
http://www.inkjetprinthead.com/canon-printhead-for-ip4500-mp610-mp810_1.htm

bluecrabby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just ordered mine from Amazon.jp, 8600 yen, free shipping. Should have it tomorrow or the day after, worst case scenario. Good to see the prices are comparable!