Using ICC in Windows 10

denny2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
There are no Color intensity, Manual, Matching Color correction,ICM Tabs. Output options are only Color and Monochrome. And I have read the PDF file, because I have used it before.

denny2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
upload_2017-12-2_12-23-33.png

Maybe not in the correct location?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Download the driver from Canon and install it.
It appears that the screen you have is generated by Picasa itself and not Win10. Maybe they turned Picasa into an "app" and thus the controls are gone.... if they want an app to be identical on mobile and desktop, something's gotta give. Desktop complexity and versatility is gone.

The profiles are in the correct spot in Win 10.

Time to move on. Try another software meant to run on PCs.

You have an editor built into Win 10. Use that or download something else that is freeware. There are lots.

denny2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
Well after a lot of trial and error and searching different programs on my computer, I have figured that the program I was trying to print from is Windows Photos, It is where all the photos go when I upload them from my DSLR. In Windows 10 it is considered an App and is the main program for pictures on Windows 10.
I tried printing from Canon Image Garden and that doesn't give options for color management.
For the hell of it I saved a picture on the desktop and just right clicked on it...Bingo! All the options are available. I refilled 20 carts today at least I got something done.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
there is always one last resort to print with an icc profile even if the driver does not support that nor the application you are printing from - to assign a profile via the color management extended printer properties, it's some clicking through the screens and not easy to handle when you change papers, but a laser printer could be an example - you use normal papers in most cases , and you can improve photo prints with a profile assigned this way very much, from office applications etc - Microsoft office software or other are not color management oriented or simple photo display/print routines either.