1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Photo stops printing when printer <>computer connection is wi-fi
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Unbrick Service Mode

Discussion in 'Canon InkJet Printers' started by Pyro Phoenix, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Sep 11, 2019
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer VIP Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP4300 + Epson scanner
    I have also asked for more info about flash programmers but got no answer. As an old timer radio amateur I think I would be able to build one if I got the necessary info which I sadly have not been able to find on the web. See this thread about the same topic and with links to a couple of commercial programmers intended for (illegally?) "rejuvenating" cars/auto mobiles. It seems the EEPROM chips used in cars and in Canon printers are the same family.

I have an MG5550 with locked service mode but else functional. I also have a couple more printers of the same cartridge generation that are not locked and for which service mode operations are possible using service tool v4720. So I have got printers to experiment with, I only need some info.

websnail and The Hat like this.