No Canon PIXMA MP280 and IP2700 included in the development of the service to re-diapers. Decision.

bahaa

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon
There was an error multifunction printer Canon PIXMA MP280 E07 - This error counter increase absorption (aka diapers), which does not hold perfectly with what the printer suck, you can read about it here. Suppose you own. Reform of the printer, and try to re-diaper counter as described in this post. But to run in service mode, the printer does not work after 5 Press Index / resume stopped shines "Lightning", which refers to some of the problems means that the printer is not in the "service". This is our version!

The solution to this problem is the firmware Canon PIXMA MP280 EEPROM.

This chip is located on the main panel of the printer Canon PIXMA MP280 described - EEPROM 95080WP (see below). .

1_mp280_not service.jpg

We need to flash tools:

- Soldering iron or soldering station that would vypayat EEPROM.

- PC or laptop.

- Programmer, you minipro, which others can read and write information in 95080WP I do not know.

I'm using DESOLDERING welding station. DESOLDERING possible without removing the card from the printer, if you unsolder "hair dryer" advice in plastic wrap foil conductors that would prevent collapse.

3333333333333.jpg

Next download provided me with diapers dump 95080WP disposal:

Load dump 95080WP with disposable diapers for Canon PIXMA MP280.
Load dump 95080WP with diapers (E08 error) is locked for Canon PIXMA MP280.
(Only respond to the dump with diapers unlocked, you will probably find use for it :))

95080WP sewn, soldered in place. If you run gave the printer error E09, it means you're a bad soldered or EEPROM flashing and the printer does not see it. Eliminating defects, and if this was.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't quite understand this. Did you solve the printer problem or did you find something on the internet?
- Soldering iron or soldering station that would vypayat EEPROM.
The word "vypayat" indicates to me that the info was found on a Russian (?) site. Google translate probably missed that word due to a typo.

Could you please post the link to the original site where you found the info?

I will then check it out using Google translate or other online translator. There are also some forum members who both read Russian and know a lot about Canon printers, maybe they could help if they see the original Russian site, not a Google translation.

Do you have the tools to unsolder the 95080 EEPROM and the necessary codes and a programmer to reprogram it?

I still think the MP280 refuses to enter service mode due to a printer error, indicated by the LED with a lightning symbol.

The thread headline mentions iP2700. I have two of these printers, and have no problems with entering service mode using the procedure with 5 times pressing the stop button.

Łukasz

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6250 (MG5150 before)
Hello again!

"Vypayat" - it seems to be slang term referring to extraction of soldered electronics components (see example here: https://www.elvikom.pl/toshiba-satellite-m40x-129-la-2691-rev-1-0-not-start-t28101.html).

It seems that @bahaa put new eeprom data to bring printer alive :)

Can this printer enter service mode with new EEPROM data (I guess now it can)?

The thread headline mentions iP2700. I have two of these printers, and have no problems with entering service mode using the procedure with 5 times pressing the stop button.
I agree. MP280 is based on iP2700 print engine.

I think here is original site:
http://printblog.com.ua/remont-cano...nyj-rezhim-dlya-sbrosa-pampersa-reshenie.html

Ł.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
So you have actually made the printer work again? If so congratulations and well done! :thumbsup
Somehow I don’t think I would be prepared to go that far with my Pro 1, just YET..:idunno
Congratulations on a job well done @bahaa..:)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Normally new values to the EEPROM are written via service mode operations. The Russian method is a clever method of resetting the EEPROM if it cannot be accessed via service mode. But you will need proper (and expensive?) equipment to do this.

Unsoldering SMD chips with an ordinary soldering iron and solder wick is very difficult, to say the least. You will also need a programmer with software and most important you will also need the proper data to be flashed into the EEPROM. I doubt that any owner of a new PRO-1 will be willing to unsolder the EEPROM and read and store the content and solder the EEPROM back in place. That would certainly void the warranty. But maybe the hex dump from an early EEPROM print out could be used, If you have kept these print outs? Maybe @Łukasz knows more about this?

Łukasz

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6250 (MG5150 before)
One thing is important - "proper data".
Please note, that @bahaa is from region 4. And Ukraine is also region 4 (like Middle-East, Russia, Central Asia and Africa), and new EEPROM data was from Ukraine. Some ink recognition problems may occur if regions do not match.
(btw - according to google PG-410/CL-411 carts doesn't exist)

But maybe the hex dump from an early EEPROM print out could be used, If you have kept these print outs?
I guess it is fully useful EEPROM dump.

Unfortunately, my skills of soldering are next to none, also my experience in dumping data directly from EEPROMs is very poor.

Few years ago I got ThinkPad X40 with faulty keyboard connector. One very nice girl asked me to show how to protect computers in from unauthorized access. And guess what happened, when I set password on my laptop? I was not aware of faulty keyboard connector until my laptop refuse to power-on (switch is in upper part of keyboard).

It ended up with dumping EEPROM, but I do not soldered anything to or from motherboard. I just put some wires on "legs" and secure it with plain office tape. Dumping interface was very simple, ~1$ parts including RS-232C connector.

Ł.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It seems the 95080 EEPROM is widely used, also in car/automobile electronics. Many programmers are available, some of them have the capability to read/write from/to the chip in circuit using a special clip. Here is an example of a programmer for car use. Here is a general purpose programmer that also claims to be able to do in-circuit programming using a special adapter clip.

But the PRO-1 might use a different EEPROM type, and where is the proper code to load to be found?