TS3150 Error

tomboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS3150
Both BLACK and COLOUR lights flashed continuously, they have now gone out completely.
The ALARM lamp is lit all the time and " E61" is flashing at me!...help!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
1637524358396.png

1637524300254.png

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/TS3100 series/EN/NTR/ntr_t_07_01_c.html

tomboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS3150
Sorry to post twice.
Have deleted the duplicate, thanks again for your help.
Have read the instructions re E61. (which are very clear)
My problem is that I've not ever used the scanning function on this machine??

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thank you for taking care of the duplicate.

I do not know further about the E61 error. But maybe you can resolve this by performing the fixes anyways, ie trick the printer.

1) I would place a sheet of letter sized plain paper with something printed on it - even just your handwriting - on the glass scanner platen. Whatever the image or writing on the paper is it should be (much) larger than 1.2 square inches (3 cm squared) my post above says is a threshhold for the scanner.

Try to scan the paper. Try this using the controls on the printer and then with the scan app installed on your computer. If either (or both) works then hopefully the error code is gone.

2) Maybe if you make sure to set the scanning parameters, including paper size, to properly align with the dimensions of the paper being scanned might do the trick. The error code E61 does mention mismatched sizing.

3) I don't know if powering off and unplugging the printer from the mains will do anything, an attempt to reset the printer, but it won't hurt.

4) Reset the printer manually to factory defaults. This will wipe out all of your custom settings including network / WiFi setting. All customized settings will need to be redone as if first time set up.

Is it possible you have an E16 error instead? The fix for this is different.

tomboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS3150
Many thanks again.
I appreciate your very helpful advice again, but, as every thing is working out well at the moment, thought I would leave things as they are (for now). Both carts are behaving well!
ps: certain it's E61

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
If the printer is under warranty then call Canon Technical Support ASAP.

Best wishes and happy printing.