Trying to find paper stock for HP Designjet100

Vanman

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP DEsignjet100
I've recently purchased a used HP Designjet100 Thermal Inket (24 inch wide print size). It works very well, but I'm trying to find 24x36 or 23x36 sheets for it. I don't have the attachment to feed rolls in the back, so I'm stuck with sheets for now.

I'm having a heck of a time finding any kind of semi-gloss (just something with a bit of sheen to it, opaque/matte is just too flat looking) paper that's over 28lb.
60lb, 80lb, or something, but has to be sheets.

I've searched around online, but without actually handling the paper, it's hard to know what is what. I'm talking to a paper supplier, but he's insistent that any kind of coated paper won't work well with an inkjet, even though the specs for the HP Designjet100 says it can take coated/glossy/photo paper, etc.

I need some advice as to what brand of paper to look for.
Thanks.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
In a nut shell, you’re unlightly to find what you’re looking for and if you ever do then the cost will be so prohibitive it will make you want to kick your printer.

Your best option is to go on line and check out 24” rolls of genuine HP gloss and Satin photo paper that are made for HP printers, cutting the paper to the length you require is not that difficult once you have a flat surface or better still a Dahle paper trimmer.. ;)