Trouble with Epson Stylus DX5050

stenji

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if someone can help me to fix this problem I have since I cleaned the printhead. It prints horizontal blue lines like the ones in the pic.... LINK is here:

WorldWideWeb.hotfile.com/dl/248543272/b77ac76/righe_azzurre.jpg.html

Don't worry it is not spam, the Jpeg is less than 25 kB...

What is wrong?
thank you for any advice!

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
do you have always blue banding lines?

Might have ruptured some nozzle so that ALWAYS ink if flowing tru

stenji

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
yes, if as always you mean every paper sheet I have them.... but only on some lines not everyone

Todz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1160
I bet you're using the driver downloaded from the Epson website?

Remove the printer and re-install using the original installation disc. If you don't have the original disc and you're using an older version of windows (I use XP) let it install the printer automatically after you've connected it through the USB cable and then go into the printers folder. Right click on the printer to get into properties, then advanced, then "new driver" - select the right printer from the list and then click next. It will auto install a bit more driver and then you're finished.

I reckon that an update to the driver on the website seems to be faulty. Not using that driver has got rid of my blue line problems on an 1160. There seem to be a number of Epson printers that have had this problem. God knows how many people dumped their printers because their "head is bad" or the "board has gone". Epson need to fix this or better still roll back the driver to the original one issued with each model of printer.

Your printer will have all the settings of the full feature driver but you have to dig for them and you won't be able to store profiles. You have to store them on a piece of paper and remember to adjust them each time you use the printer.