Trouble feeding paper

slackercruster

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Born L.A.-NYC is 2nd Home-Rustbelt is Home Base
Printer Model
All Epsons!
My R2000 and now my 3880 have trouble feeding paper. Esp matte paper. The platen is wide on the 3880. The R2000...I don't know how to adjust the platen. But it fed fine when new.

I got to hand feed the paper to get it through. Even then it jams up 15% of the time if I am not very careful with the feeding. I can't feed on the rear as i have no rear tray.

They have about 3500 to 4500 prints on each printer. Is this problem a common one with printers after they have run a few thousand prints?

Thanks.

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
7900, 4900, 9890, R2000, P50
The two I have are well over 20000 each and they still feed paper perfectly.

I only get the problem you mention in two occasions:

1) When I cut the paper myself and the side that goes first into the printer is not perfectly straight (make sure both corners are exactly 90 degrees)

2) When the paper comes from a roll and it's even slightly warped. I don't know why, but the R2000 almost never feeds the paper properly if I place it in the printer to the direction it would be if I were printing directly from the roll (to clarify, if I need a 12x8" sheet and have a 24" roll, the 12" side of the sheet has to come from the 24" of the roll).
Try loading the paper in landscape orientation and see if that helps.

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
My epson 1400 has quite some printing done also my small Epson P50 (aka Artisan 50) ...
I printed ALOT 4x6" with these both... If I am counting correctly over 10.000 small photos ... (crazy thats like 550,- only in paper costs )

The paper gripper suffers from lossing its grip, I dont suffice using rubbing alcohol for cleaning it since it will get dry and then it will tear appert.
vaseline11.jpg
I use a little bit of vaselien on a qtip and grease the gripper rubber parts and also the roller rubber parts.

An older Epson R800 that i had, which was preowned by a photo studio and HEAVILY USED only with OEM Catriges: little story to be told:
The owner used the R800 as a swiss army knife he printed so much with this he had it serviced twice to clean the Waste ink pads since they where full, he printed only passport Photos from Epson S041303 Premium Glossy Papier 100mm, 255g, 10m. I had to think for a while, but despite the fact that he paided crazy
amounts for OEM Cartriges, OEM Papers and additional Service he printed all what he neede with this device, only reason he replaced the R800 was infact the Epson R2000 after he discovered that OEM Carts are like Crazy Cheap on ebay with the option printing "large" photos with it not only passport photographs.)

I would really like a "small" a4 sized printed with native pigment ink support from Epson for "professional" or "heavy duty" printing, even if they would retail at a high price: important would be big inks and realtively cheap inks. Something like the Epson DS 3000 Surelab
drupa12-Epson-SL-D3000_01.jpg