Trouble again with the Pro 10...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I can print anything I like on it using plain media setting but when I use glossy paper setting, it starts out ok, but the print carriage travels all the over to the left when using these setting and ends up getting jammed in there after several minutes.

I reckon there must be something wrong with the timing strip that only effects the higher print settings, so it looks like I’m going to have to remover the top cover after all to resolve this issue.. I get the usual buzzing sound when she jams..

I suppose it had to get me in the end and my shortcut won’t save me this time.. Suggestions !

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I wonder if the problem is caused by reflections from the glossy paper? What will happen if you select glossy paper but print onto a sheet of plain paper?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I wonder if the problem is caused by reflections from the glossy paper?
Yes I tried most things like printing on A5 portrait to limit the head travel to the far left but once set to high quality the head seems to always move right over to the left side, when I print on glossy paper and set the printer to plain it work fine.

Just listening to the burr sound when the head moves to the far left, suggests to me that it can only be a timing strip issue, I tried cleaning the strip both sides, but I reckon maybe there’s a twist in the strip in the far corner.. (Possibly, or to loose)

How it has worked up to now is a bit of a mystery, a lot more investigation needs to be done before I go pulling the printer apart, it’s a bit ironic dough because I don’t have the time to do anything with it for a while, a few health issues are in the way..

Thanks for the suggestion..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
That's an odd issue. I'd think that if the timing strip is playing games, media settings shouldn't matter ?.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
That's an odd issue. I'd think that if the timing strip is playing games, media settings shouldn't matter ?.
Any suggestions as to what else it could be.. I got plenty of time ponder..