transparency film for Epson p800 - what and how?

Lothman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi all,
for Cyanotype exposures I want to print a negative on a transparency film which blocks the UV light while doing contact copys. I tried transparent drawing paper I used years ago for doing technical drawings with black ink. This paper does not absorb ink and with all settings I tried on my Epson p800 I got running ink. Increasing the print time did not help much. Also the printer settings don't show a paper selection with "transparency film".

Any idea which media might work and what settings should be used?

regards
Lothar

P.S.: if you want to know how Cyanotype-Prints are exposed/made: Cyanotypes - Wikipedia

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You need transparent foils which are suitable for inkjet printing, and you need material with a paper stripe at the top edge so that the printer when feeding the paper/foil can detect the top edge and the paper width. Such foils are commonly available at shops selling office and printer type consumables - inkjet papers of all types incl. foils.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Search for tranparency - backlit - silkscreen foils/films , they are available in A2 size and different thicknesses , but since this a non-standard media for your printer you should first test such films - for handling and ink adhesion to the surface; you may ask for a sample pack in a smaller size

Lothman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
in the meantime I found a pack of A3 screen print film what works (Agfa Cop Jet). Printsetting I used were for Archival matte paper. If this works for Cyanotype I'll have to find A2 or roll material :):):)