Tips on Refilling R2400 cartridges

johnpeeay

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have bought a set of refillable carts from Inkjetcarts US, filled successfully using vacuum fill method and almost used up the first fill of ink.( Excellent results from InkjetFly V3 inkset) Now re -filling and having problems with not getting ink into the circular chamber in the cart. Is there an easy way to fill this chamber, filling cart slowly via needle and holding cart at 45 degrees seems to work 2 times out of 4, I reckon. Using syringe to pull through ink via the outlet port I see is recommended by some people, how much ink needs to be pulled through and does this ensure that the circular chamber gets filled? Lastly, are there any other makes of refillables out there which don't have the circular chamber inside and which might be less problematic when refilling.
Thanks in advance.
John Archer
Edinburgh
UK

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
The ciscular chamber needs to be at least 75% filled. Initially by the vacuum method. Thats the way they are primed otherwise no ink will reach the outlet port. I believe that is where the bub micron filter also lives.

The PROBLEM is this. Most people wait until the chips read empty. These chips tend to under-reprot the actuall volume of ink. At that point your chamber will be emptied. You must refill WAY before that occurs. I use simmilar carts and have learned to refill ALL carts at about 30% before empty.

To re-prime, you can either suck ink out through the exit port until the chamber is filled / primed to about 75% . You can also reseal the exit port and re-prime again using vacuum like when you first filled the carts and make usre you refill LONG before any of the chips report an empty condition.

johnpeeay

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for these tips folks, I shall order the bits from Octoink and try the refilling from the exit port next time round.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Sure, you can use that adapter, I have one as well and it will and does work perfectly!
BUT, you will be doing that everytime you need to refill if you wait till the carts are reported as empty. So remember to top off all carts whenever any of them reach about 20-30% so the chamber remains primed.