Three dead Canons. What next?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Hopefully nobody will need to replace the print head in the lifetime of their printer, but if you do, be aware it preforms one hell of a cleaning cycle, I mean horrendous…
So never try to externally clean it…:hide

I haven't the slightest intention of messing unnecessarily with Maxie ( i.e. external cleaning ). Just asking in the sad case of a printhead demise ( which I hope it won't be anytime soon )

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
You better buy a new one.

Maybe I will take one in stock this year when there is a good deal.

nickb

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I print erratically. I'll print multiple pages and then not use the printer for two or three weeks or at least not color. When I do print, the volume is sufficient that sticking with OEM cartridges isn't worth it. I do slightly better economically to refill and throw the printer out when it clogs - I got five refills out of the cartridges before the printer clogged. I mostly print black text, but also pages with color. A few times a year I print a label on a data DVD I'm archiving or a home video I make for someone else. Rarely my wife will want me to print a photo on 4x6 paper.

Wow, this describes my exact usage patterns. In fact, I have this exact same printer and am having what may be the same problem you are experiencing.

My thread is here: https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/ts9020-partial-loss-of-cyan-color.13623/post-118317

I ran two sets of factory Canon cartridges in this printer without issues, then switched to the same refill ink you are using but in refillable cartridges. Initially prints were fine, but then I started experiencing the issues I linked to above after my second refill. Either I wasn't careful enough in maintaining this printer or my refill carts are no bueno. Either way this didn't last a year while my previous MP650 went 3 years on refill ink before I lost half of the nozzles for the pigment black.

moi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Been using an Epson Artisan 1430 and refillable cartridges from https://bestinkandtoner.com/for about 4 years. Can print up to 13X19 and on CD/DVD's. Have had zero problems with either printer or the inks. The printed discs look very professional. "Try it, you'll like it!"