Thread delete

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2011
Messages
232
Reaction score
130
Points
207
Location
Jordan
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
Hi,
I would recommend allow thread delete for members in forum, sometimes cant see its in its moment.
 
We're pretty anti thread / content deletion except in the case of spam or rule violations. Also one person may want their post or thread removed, but what about the other people that may not want their content removed?

Do you have examples of where it would make sense to delete old threads?
 
Like no replay, after some times (but not long period) there is update for information, useless maybe thread.

At least let us contact with support not by email by this forum to delete thread.
 
I'm a huge believer in archived information... even if it is "outdated".

This forum software is great at letting old threads not get in the way of active / current threads, but allows them to be discovered and read when needed.

Some sites auto-lock old threads so they can't be replied / bumped. I'm not a huge fan of those systems and have fortunately never had a problem with trolls irresponsibly bumping old threads.
 
Like no replay, after some times (but not long period) there is update for information, useless maybe thread.

At least let us contact with support not by email by this forum to delete thread.

I am not sure we understand what you wish to delete.

A thread is the total set of posts on one subject. It is unlikely that you would want to delete a thread as it will contain posts by many different people.

Individual posts can be deleted by the originator of the post. But only the originator or the Administrator can delete a post.
 
Why you talking roughness, I am not mean exactly "delete" but I want more control over my thread.

I know there is cumulative posts in one thread but some not. I talk about 2-3% of thread not as general.
Sorry if that big mistake. :hide
 
I think, if you are the only person in a thread, you can delete all your own posts and the thread will disappear.
 
We're pretty anti thread / content deletion except in the case of spam or rule violations. ..
100% agreed!
I'm a huge believer in archived information... even if it is "outdated"...
Again totally agreed.
@Tigerman:
You can edit your own postings even after years in this forum, if you want to update or delete "outdated" infos..
 
Back
Top