Thoughts, advice, suggestions re: ciss for mx712

Rickkins

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Honestly, I am intrigued by the thought of not having to fill the carts very often.... but I have read conflicting opinions on the ciss thingys.

Is there an actually viable system for the mx712...??
Are some better than others...??
Are there even any that are advisable...??
Or, are they all crap, to be avoided at all cost.

Thanking you all kindly in advance...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Where do you want me to start ?

You can get a CISS to work on your printer but it takes a lot of planning, Patience and a very good installation, now achieve that and you’ve made it.

That said a CISS is not all that it’s cracked up to be, so think long and hard before you make the decision to buy one, then installing it is not hard to do but they can be downright cumbersome, troublesome and just plain awkward to get them working properly.

After you have gotten that all sorted out then you must print very regularly to maintain the CISS in good working condition and even then you’ll be forever fiddling with it to make sure it stays working.

Are cartridges any easier, the answer to that is most certainly a big yes, they are also more controllable easier to maintain enjoyable to refill and a lot less work than a CISS could ever be.

If you got a 1000 sheets to print a week then a CISS is a good idea but if you only need to print 25 sheets a day/week then cartridges are by far the best option, nearly all CISS units fail sooner rather than later depending on their installation and are known to take the printer with them.

Are they a good investment, I am afraid only you can answer that after using it six months, and by then you’ll know for certain.

Has this answered you questions ?

Rickkins

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Crappage. I doubt I even print 25 every week. Guess I'll stick with the carts.

Thanks.