This new MG5560

F Murtz

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP510
This thing does not seem to have straight through paper feed like my old MP510 and it seems to limit paper weight to not much over 100gsm( unless canon paper)why is heavier canon paper ok?
A lot of my photo paper is over 200 gsm.
I put some 210 gsm card through and it seems to work

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
All of these new compact desktop printers are now much the same and only use cassettes to hold the paper underneath the printer, some have one cassette others have two.

It is very difficult to impossible to get heavier paper or card stock through the printer because the paper grain is going in the wrong direction for that model printer and you’ll have to source out crossed grain stock to have any success.

The standard card and paper stock that is readily available are all long grain so your best option is to buy larger sizes and cut it in half which will then give you the proper grain direction to suite your printer, good luck..

F Murtz

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP510
I just put a sheet of glossy 235 gsm through and it worked, I don't know if it will do it forever I hope it will as I have a lot of the heavy stock, as someone has already said I do not think this printer is as good as my previous mp510 I do not know if I am imagining it but it seems a lot slower on colour.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It will all depend on which tray you use to feed the glossy paper from top or bottom, it does make a difference.

Your MP510 was a far better printer by a country mile, friendlier to use also, but the output from your newer printer will be much better..

F Murtz

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP510
There seems to be only one tray on the MG5560

Łukasz

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6250 (MG5150 before)
What is worse, it is impossible to feed printer via rear cover (used for clearing jams).
In PGI-x20/CLI-x21 and PGI-x25/CLI-x26 familly printers, it is theoretically possible (tested with iP4950 - can't be done by simple manual feeding, need to build dedicated tray :( ).

Ł.