This Covid-19 is everywhere... But how many see it..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I spotted this while I was out walking Ted, isn’t it amazing how aware children can be..
P1010687.jpg

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
How do you know it wasn't a 29 year old hipster?

Last week there was a parade of vehicles down the street of parents and their children waving and honking their horns showing appreciation for the local elementary school and teachers. Signs adorned the vehicles, some on poster board and others written on the windows, expressing gratitude and missing all. Someone in the school mascot uniform - a bulldog - was standing up through the sun roof waving.

It was wonderful to see after being shut in for a couple of weeks.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
How do you know it wasn't a 29 year old hipster?
Maybe it was, who knows, but would the hipster also make and play on this..
Children are more sensitive and clued in than most of us suspect, but they are still children.. Thankfully…
P1010687.jpg

Keep your distance and help rid us of this unwanted pest.. Better still stay home..;)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
would the hipster also make and play on this..
Yes, when you're not watching. :lol:

In your favor, though, hipsters wouldn't say "please play". :thumbsup

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
There's a rainbow group on facebook that has been sort of taken over by parents looking for ways to share ideas, thoughts, etc... while in lockdown and the key activity has been producing rainbows for the window for keyworkers to see. Sort of a recognition of peoples efforts and also a way of brightening folks days.

The activity even got a mention from the Queen in her pre-Easter speech here in the UK as she "recognised the efforts of children" in producing these colourful displays.

There was a wonderful post in the group from a 29 years old providing a mental image of them sliding guiltily down their coach/sofa as those words of praise for children were spoken, while they stared out of their rainbow festooned window...

... the 29 year old in question lived alone ;)

Anyway... fair to say that, sure, there's some shady, scum sucking activity taking place on the political and individual level if you care to look for it hard enough... but for the most part there seems to have been a real positive effort, activity and sense of community. Not everywhere, but certainly in many more places than many might otherwise have expected.

... and for myself lying in bed last week with the realisation that I was finding it harder to breath, all that came home in spades! It was 24 hours and akin to a cat sitting on my chest but it still scared the proverbial cr*p out of me so yeah... stay the f'eck home, stay safe...