The joys of refilling - A thank you.

InkQuisitive

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
So although I already enjoyed the engineering challenge / satisfaction of refilling the MG5250's cartridges, today was the day I first really felt the value of it for two reasons:

1) I was able to return a full set (and double on the blacks) of unopened Canon cartridges for a 80 or so refund. Somewhat more than I spent on the refill kit so far :). Good old John Lewis, since I'd had them for about 6 months :p.

2) I needed to do some copying. In the past due to the cost of the inks I've phaffed around with scanning to PC then printing to the B+W laser printer. This time I just pressed the copy button. The colour one at that ;).

A big thanks to everyone for building my confidence while I lurked to get started on the refill route :thumbsup.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Its so nice to get such a positive feedback from a happy and contented refiller such as yourself,
so its really a thanks to you for such a glowing appreciation of your future new found wealth, enjoy.. :bow

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
It's a great feeling to be able to print out without the costs being an issue. I even print out our online phone bill in full colour:)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
rodbam said:
It's a great feeling to be able to print out without the costs being an issue. I even print out our online phone bill in full colour:)
O a full colour phone bill, that should make for an interesting conversation..:lol:

InkQuisitive

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
...your future new found wealth, enjoy...
Well I'm delighted that there is about a x100 multiplier so that the saving on a 9ml cartridge ought to buy me a quaffable 750ml of plonk :) A smart investment IMHO.