1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Florida MG7720 Print problem...
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

The Glossy Photo Paper is back at Lidl...

Discussion in 'Paper & Other Media' started by The Hat, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Jan 19, 2017
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon Rule in My House
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

I got myself ten A4 packs of this Cheap Premium Photo paper this morning and from what I could see it was selling like hot cakes, they only had the one size in stock this time.

2017-01-19-0002.jpg click to enlarge...

After waiting well over a year for Mr Aldi (Not his real name) to stock the Sihl Photo paper again, I had all most given up and was in the process of sourcing some cheapo photo paper elsewhere, but now I don’t have too.

I talked a while ago to one of their helpful staff and she said, it should be in this store after Christmas, :eek: I taught, is she for real or just a good spoofer, o_O because Lidl head office here hadn’t got a clue if they would ever stock the stuff again. :caf

I have enough to last me now for more than a year, but if it comes back on sale again in the next six months I’ll get a few more packs, even if I never get to use it, it’s well worth keeping plenty on the shelf, just in case...:fl
    Now maybe I can get the colours on my printers sorted out, properly, this is another story...:hide

2. Jan 19, 2017
    Ink stained Fingers

Ink stained Fingers Printer Master

Printer Model:
    R265, L300, L800, Pro 7600
    Does it say 'Manufactured by Sihl' or something on the backside ?

Lidl Germany does not carry such paper at this time in their online store .

3. Jan 19, 2017
    CakeHole

CakeHole Printer Guru

Printer Model:
    Canon MP610
    Lucky so and so, Lidl site says not until next week :( (26th jan) ill have to start pestering the staff now also :ya

Bit expensive though at £4.99 for 50 sheets :ep Im almost certain i can remember a few years back it was £2.99.

4. Jan 19, 2017
    PeterBJ

PeterBJ Printer Master Platinum Printer Member

Printer Model:
    Canon iP5200 + more printers
    This week Lidl DK has some office offers similar to those from Lidl UK, for instance plain printer paper white and coloured, the combined guillotine/roller paper trimmer and more but sadly no photo paper. I think that for more than a year Lidl DK has offered no photo paper.

5. Jan 19, 2017
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon Rule in My House
    @Ink stained Fingers, it’s the same stuff as always just a new box from United Office, A4 280 gm and Sihl GmbH. are the manufacturers.
    @CakeHole, I reckon you’re getting a bit mixed up with the price its £4.99 for the Photo paper and £2.99 for the 80 gm copier, and I don’t reckon its expensive at all, why do you thing I like it ?...
    @PeterBJ, We got the extension leads, Envelopes, Document Shredders, Paper Cutters, A4 Coloured paper, Office Floor Protection Mats, Drawer Filing sets, Portable laptop Trays and 80 gm Copy paper, very much the same as the Lidl UK....

6. Jan 19, 2017
    CakeHole

CakeHole Printer Guru

Printer Model:
    Canon MP610
    Its possible though i swear back around 2014-15 it was £2.99 for the photo paper and £1.99 for the 80gm regular paper. A small jump for the standard paper but considerably more for the photo.

Either way i agree it is good quality paper and even at £5 ill probably pick up a 50 pack next week, had a pack before and like you i would recommend it still.

For anyone interested in other good quality paper who do not have a lidl or the offer available where they live, I have been using Projet 240gm glossy A4 paper more recently (slightly thinner than the lidl 280gm stuff) and have found that to be good quality, you can pick up 100 sheets of it for £6-8 (depending where you look) online. Not a massive saving i know but if planning on buying a lot the odd few quid here and there soon mounts up.

The Hat likes this.