The DELL sub-$100 laser printer

Kenyada

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Laser Printer world has been turned on its ear. I can imagine that HP and Lexmark are scrambling to meet the challenge, which means that the consumer wins. I've used the old HP Laserjet 4 and 4Plus's for 6 or 7 years. My org has received many over the years, but I usually sell them for operating expenses. I couldn't bring myself to give away these heavy behemoths to disadvantaged children [just what a kid needs, a hernia]. The HPs are very good in their time, but it was time for an updated low cost alternative for non-profits and others who need non-color printing. At $100, it's worth a try, anyway.

The following is Dell-speak:
The Dell Laser Printer 1100, prints sharp, crisp laser quality documents from a very small design. The 1100 is small enough to fit easily on your desk. It includes an easy to use, one button, operator panel and flexible paper handling. The 1100 prints up to 15 pages per minute(actual print speed will vary with use) at 600dpi and has a 5000 page monthly duty cycle. It is designed to make your documents look laser sharp and professional. This laser printer is ideal for home use and small offices.

Fast Up to 15 pages per minute(actual print speed will vary with use)
Sharp text and graphics at 600 dpi
Small footprint of (Depth, Height, Width) 11.7"x 8.54"x 14.1"
150 sheet input/ 50 sheet output
Ship with Cartridge (1,000 page yield toner1) included, Standard Yield Cartridge (2,000 page yield toner1) available
Easily manage supplies with the Dell Toner Management System
One full year of 24x7 toll free tech support and 90-day Advanced Exchange Service2. Optional upgrade to 1-3 Year Advanced Exchange