Thanks to Lothman: TPI photo paper from Conrad is just fabulous

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I want to thanks Lothman for its suggested TPI paper from Conrad, which is a german-based (web)shop selling almost everything from electronic gadgets to printer supplies and ships to almost the entire EU-area. I ordered some A3 and A3+ papers, both glossy and satin and the results are indeed very good for its very low price. The satin based looks remarkedly similar to Moab satin papers and actually the results are identical using the same profile I produced for the Moab Satin paper.

johnpeeay

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Many thanks also to Lothman for pointing out the existence of an excellent cheap paper. I have now tried both the glossy and satin finish on my Epson 1400, prefer the satin finish and also this paper feels a heavier weight than the glossy although both state 240g/m2. Only downside is the packaging or relative lack of, you get the paper wrapped in thin polythene with a non too rigid piece of card to support. Watch out for damaged edges when posted. Now trying out on the epson R2400. Will post first impressions soon.
John Archer
Edinburgh

johnpeeay

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
just printed out an A3 using Epson semigloss paper profile on the R2400 wow, almost spot on. Now I shall go and create a profile for the satin paper and try again. this paper is a gem of a find.

Lothman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hehe glad you like it. It does not only print well, it stays also perfect flat (coated on the backside).

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Hi I also want to try this paper out
http://www.conrad-international.com...nrad-int&pi=776599&ci=SHOP_AREA_40099_0405051
I shoot wedding and need good print paper, I charge 400.00 Euro for a wedding and can't afford expensive paper, I also use hobbicolors in my Canon IP 4500 printer at the moment I bought from ebay uk Kirkland photo paper but the shipping is kind of high, also does the TPI have a printer profile?
thanks.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi Spartanwarrior,

No unfortunately not. I made them myself. Send me a PM. You might choose for the thicker SihlX photo paper (280 gsm instead of the 180 gsm of TPI and Sihl is completely polyethylene based and has a brilliant gloss, significantly better than TPI). In Belgium you get 4.99 for 50 sheets, so about the same price like the TPI, but it is much thicker and shines more beautifully. I do stock alot of them here, so I can sell you a few packages if you want.

SpartanWarrior

Printer Guru
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
Hi Spartanwarrior,

No unfortunately not. I made them myself. Send me a PM. You might choose for the thicker SihlX photo paper (280 gsm instead of the 180 gsm of TPI and Sihl is completely polyethylene based and has a brilliant gloss, significantly better than TPI). In Belgium you get 4.99 for 50 sheets, so about the same price like the TPI, but it is much thicker and shines more beautifully. I do stock alot of them here, so I can sell you a few packages if you want.
Hey that's great, ok one question will prints last a long time with the SihlX? and would it be good paper like the Kirkland gloss people have been saying great things about? and also what about a printer profile for the Sihlx?
one more thing do you have A4 size and how much does it cost?
Thanks.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
SihlX is a very good paper, but like Kirkland gloss it is a microporous paper, so dye ink will eventually fade overtime if exposed to sun rays. In an album it should be ok for many years. Actually why not using swellable paper for your shootings ? I think the wedding couples would be delighted their prints will stay vivid after 20 years as well. I have been converted to pigment inks because of this reason. Yes the SihlX paper I have in stock is A4 size and postcard 4x6 inch.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Spartanwarrior,

just forget: for details about the paper/profile send me a PM.