Suddenly Photo cyan nozzle check fail i9950

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
It's a fantastic printer and I once tried HP compatible pigment ink and it works like a charm, but the problem is to obtain orange (Canon calls it red, but for me it is orange) and green ink.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It's a fantastic printer and I once tried HP compatible pigment ink and it works like a charm, but the problem is to obtain orange (Canon calls it red, but for me it is orange) and green ink.
I ran my i9950 with a CISS and printed thousands on it a week, she really was a great printer, and with no chips to worry about there was never an issue of premature head failure, mine died of a purge unit problem that I was not aware of at the time..

Back then it cost over €1000 and worth every penny… I reproduced and mixed my own orange and green inks with the use of test strips.. I was sorry to see her go, and later I managed to get a refurbished one from Switzerland and still have it..:)

Saphire

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9950
I'm not printing so much on mine it has only 4273 page total printed and this is 3rd head on it... I using it only for mine purpose so i must say at total, time is not his friend... Now i must for example every photo print with a paper abrasion set on it... And I having problem when it want take page for printing somtimes even print like page is on it but it doesn't took it.. I can deal yet for this problem, but i have another i9950 and keep it for when this dies total.
I really think that heads for this printer lives for aprox. 5years? .... I use only Canon ink, now are mostly pgi8 inks on it.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Are you using "Night Mode" or "Quite Mode" in the driver? That slows printing, and lessens the thermal duty on the print head, potentially extending print head life.

Saphire

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9950
I didn't take any attention about that so it was only on normal mode not qouite, maybe for last few months i use qoiute mode because is seems that way is easier for printer ... So now settings are on: alway use qouite mode... Now that is another plus, thanks for recommendation.
Now I will start new subject, the old head is have issues with photocyan, on the same time when printer alarm about waste ink is almost full. So is there any connection betwen head PC failure and waste ink full.
When i order new head i dissemble printer and wash and dry waste ink pad.. After assembly and putting new printer head i have on even plain paper ink on the top and bottom of page, before I have ink issues only on bottom with photo paper, but with paper abrasion setting on i deal with that, now I must use all time paper abrasion setting on or I can do something,?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Now I will start new subject, the old head is have issues with photocyan, on the same time when printer alarm about waste ink is almost full. So is there any connection betwen head PC failure and waste ink full.
A good idea, Start a new Thread..

Latest posts