Sudden Death (printhead)

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
Or maybe I should call it Black Death, because it's the black that suddenly stopped half way a print. The black OEM cartridge of my B40W wasn't empty at all and exchanging that cartridge didn't help.

Next thing I did was flushing the black by a syringe filled with printhead cleaning fluid that I connected with the head needle. I even took care to flush the cleaning fluid away afterwards with demi water.
But the black refused to come to live again, so this is a typical case of Broken Black.

Then I tried to print text with the color inks. The trick is to set paper to 'Glossy', which switches off the black ink. It went surprisingly well: color inks are mixed together which makes black. The thus formed black is sharp and it's deep enough for text. But this way of printing is very slow; the printer thinks it's printing a A4 photo.

So I decided to perform euthanasia on my beloved Epson B40W. It's a shame that the creator (ie Epson) makes printers to last for some years only.

the_black_death.jpg

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If you set your printer to Matte paper instead you can then print a LITTLE faster by lowering the print quality. :old
With a new year it brings new life especially regarding print heads on this forum and you’re not alone. :barnie

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The Legos picture is funny and scary like an Henrik Ibsen play performed in a suburban community theater.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Beautiful picture of a deadly enemy.
Was the plague caused by an Ebola-like virus or the Yersinia pestis bacteria? Inquiring minds want to know. :th

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Beautiful picture of a deadly enemy.
Was the plague caused by an Ebola-like virus or the Yersinia pestis bacteria? Inquiring minds want to know. :th
Flea’s stratman just little old fleas.. :confused:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Flea’s stratman just little old fleas.. :confused:
Fleas Navidog was sooo last year, The Hat. It's January 2014!

fleas_navidog-700x700.jpg

There are some in the science community who wonder if the European Plague was due to a virus and not bacteria ridden fleas of rats. I'm still a bacteria believer till proven otherwise.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Are you certain you don’t want to scratch that itch..? :confused: