Stubborn clog

Ionlab

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF3540
I am having a problem with a stubborn clog. I have tried removing the cartridge reinstalling it, re priming the printer, performing 3 cleaning cycles (not one after the other, cleaning the parking/cleaning sponges with windex). I also tried printing whole color pages from just this one color (yellow) but to no avail.
I also had the printer operate at an angle in case it was a bubble of air.
It is always the bottom left yellow line that is missing. Is it possible that the printhead is damaged and this spot is dead?

My prints come out ok but my obsessive compulsive nature makes it impossible to leave it be.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Please post an image of a nozzle check so that we can understand your issue exactly.

My recommendation: Let the printer sit for 24 hours, and try it again.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Printer model would help! If you have done all of that and the same nozzle still does not clear out then yes, you very well may have a damaged nozzle.
My working 3800 of two, have one bad Magenta nozzle.
Prints perfect prints.
Don't worry about it.
You already wasted enough ink for several prints.
As long as it's still printing great prints right?
Joe

Ionlab

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF3540
rx.jpeg
rx 3.jpeg
rx 4.jpeg
rx 2.jpeg

Its my RX520 :(
I was away from home and my wife was operating the printer as a copier. Someday she called me and said that for the past 2 days prints have been coming out reddish cast in them. Why women call looong after a problem appears is a mystery to me but is a subject for another forum maybe!!!!
I feared that some color may have emptied and that she operated the printer with no ink in one of the cartridges. I know that operating a bubble jet with no ink will damage the head. I do not know if this is true for Epsons which uses piezo as well.
I removed all of them and filled them up. But i also noticed that they were all half full (so none was empty to begin with)......why the red cast appeared is a mystery to me:idunno.It seems that there is more to it because I also SOMETIMES get long lines (like in the first two pics) when printing the nozzle check

The last two were taken right now back to back...as you can see the third one shows 2 yellow lines the second is clean as expected (except from the clog)

But the printer keeps chugging 4x6 without flaws...:fl
So I think I should just let it go and stop wasting ink.

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I think the 1 pixel wide horizontal lines are an electronic problem somewhere - one nozzle is firing all the time as soon as the printhead starts moving or another nozzle starts working. I'm not aware of a cure for that. This may be a short or a wrong connection somewhere, or a gate not working properly anymore. And such effect may as well be chip temperature dependant.