Strange stripes on prints – What is going on?

Paloma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L220
I attach the original images and the prints. What is it? How can this problem be solved?

ppp 004.jpg

ppp 002.JPG

ppp 003.jpg

My printer is Canon G2100. I can only print in grayscale because recently the color head stopped working.

Paloma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L220
OK, thank you. And what is wrong with the printhead? Are the electronics damaged?

I have printed less than two tanks of black ink. And less than one tank of color inks.

So, if I buy another head, it is not very promising. They don’t last too long.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You may check if you still have warranty on your unit which you could claim at the seller or Canon directly. The failure is in the nozzles - the electrical method with a heating resistor to propel the ink droplets out of the nozzles.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The wedge shaped missing ink is typical of ink flow problems. Maybe the sponges in the print heads are blocked? Maybe the ink feed system is blocked?

Did you use non Canon ink? If so maybe the refill ink reacted with the remnants of the Canon ink? See this post.

How many pages did you print before the printheads failed?

Paloma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L220
I don't have warranty any more.

I see... So, if there is something blocked, does it mean that it can be potentially solved and that it is not about the printhead?

I have only used Canon ink.

The nozzle check says I printed 6601-6650 pages, which seem a lot. Maybe a lot of those pages were blank or with few elements to print.

I could try filling the pipes with a syringe. Do you think this method could solve the problem?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I could try filling the pipes with a syringe. Do you think this method could solve the problem?
I think this is an important info. Air bubbles in the pipes could very well be the cause of the problems. I think it is worth giving a try. Maybe the printheads are OK?

Paloma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L220
Hello. I did once this siringe trick:

The black tube is more filled. But it doesn’t seem to solve the problem for the moment.

I printed well some pages with regular text from Winword. But not with graphics from Acrobat Reader. And then I printed another page from Winword and there was soft or incomplete text, not with those blank stripes that I showed, but like with a dry head like when I had an inkjet printer with regular cartridges.

So, something is wrong. Next week I will ask a technician about it.