Storing extra cartridges

bkim84

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I was looking, couldn't find too much information on how you guys store your extra refilled cartridges. What parts do you seal off and how do you keep them? I'm not sure which parts I should be taping up or not. Do I tape the air vent that I remove when I initially get the ink? I know I should put the original clip that I got when I first got the cartridge on, hold that with rubber bands? I don't want them to dry out or leak. Thanks

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I tightly stretch saran wrap over all the possible exit holes, vents and outlet. You have to wrap them pretty tight though and if you can get them tight without wrinkles you're probably pretty safe but as an added precaution you can also put them in ziploc bags.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I do not believe that you can possibly seal a cartridge like Canon does when you get a new one unless you have the same kind of professional equipment. All you need to do is seal the outlet port with the original clip held on snuggly with rubber bands or use a piece of plastic tape that will stretch over the outlet port. You want to leave the air vent open so that the daily fluctuation in ambient air pressure can breathe through the port as designed. Then you should put the cartridges in ziplock bags.

BTW, if you use the German method of refilling, you should seal the refill hole.