Storage Clips for Cli-8 anf BGI-5bk

NothingSoStrange

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Tryed it instantly.. it's perfect, :D we should give a name to this system and put at the top of the board!

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
What about a "Tanktube" :D

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Redbrickman Tanktube
Thats a good one, in fact I think it fits perfect.. :D

On the other hand we just might have someone on saying that then didnt know that
TANKS had rubber tyres..:|

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Others that came to mind but don't fit are "Boob Tube" and "Tank Top".

Anyone old and decrepit enough will remember those fashion statements! :eek: :D :cool:

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Tom Hock said:
I have found that cutting one inch (25mm) wide sections from an old tube marked 24 1.9 which has a diameter approximetly one inch.
Brilliant ... gotta try that.

[Edit]
Or not? See #16 below for reservations from ghwellsjr (a.k.a. Saint George, slayer of clogs :) )
[/Edit]

I perhaps have 10+ tubes with punctures in the garage in my backlog of flats to fix. As others have mention, old bicycle tubes rank up there with duct tape as multi-purpose. I've used a piece of inner tube to keep the camera from sliding around on a d.i.y. panorama head.

The only thing I would add is that you'll want to definitely clean the inside and outside of the inner tube ... there can be a chalky powder ... like baby powder ... that I wouldn't think would be good to have in contact with the outlet port. In the picture your provide, you can see the white dust.

Back when I did a LOT of bicycle touring and some racing (many years and pounds ago), we'd "chalk our tubes" after repairing a flat ... I think so the tube can move a bit inside the tire itself. I never really understood why ... just a guess. I'd think a road tube would maybe work ... snugger fit. Some of the ultra thin racing road tubes were really, really thin and very stretchy.

Token

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've used cling wrap [also known as glad wrap, saran wrap etc] to seal pgi5 carts.

Worked well, but i still eventually got clips for them, just for the piece of mind.

Just make sure that the wrap only touches the plastic surrounding the outlet port, else capillary action will wick away ink, causing a mess.

Tom Hock

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Regarding a name for it; We have the German Method for refilling so how about "The Wisconsin Clip for sealing?. ":)

I'm pleased to see all the interest in this very simple solution to sealing used and refilled ink tanks. I wish I had started a new post instead of just a reply to the "Storage Clips for Cli-8 and BGI-5bk" post, because this method works with all the various models of Canon ink tanks. I fill ink tanks for several family members and many of the original plastic clips have been discarded, and the used tanks I have purchased from ebay didn't come with clips. Now I instruct my family to snap the "Wisconsin Clip" onto their empty tank when they remove it to keep the empty tank from drying out before it is refilled. There is also no concern that they will forget to remove the vent tape I used in the past since the vent is automatically opened when the clip is removed.

ruffin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 730
Ok, "Tom's Tank Tube" has my vote

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
'Wisconsin Clip' sounds good.
Pity you couldn't have contrived to be from Scotland, 'Scottish Clip' has a hint of frugality about it.