Sticker vinyl/paper

tjk

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430
Hi All,

I am looking for feedback/suggestions on a vendor/material for 8.5 x 11 sticker paper/vinyl material, that will be used in inkjet printers. Looking for a matte and glossy option as well.

Have tried Onlinelabels, Papilio, and various other inkjet vinyls, and not pleased with the results.

We produce indoor stickers, and looking to try out new vendors for both paper and inkjet vinyl substrates.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Tom

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I use Papilio vinyl clear gloss, satin self-adhesive and decal paper, I laminate only the top printed area after the ink has dried thoroughly after several hours, they have lasted about 5 years out doors and still looking good.

Papilio also do matte coated Vinyl’s...
Capture.PNG

tjk

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The site says it isn't available any longer, shoot, I would like to give this a try.

I only purchased from them a very short while ago and they had it then, that is very strange...

They have a load of other types of Vinyl’s also, that come in many surfaces and backing, in fact if it’s a self-adhesive label you need then this is the place to check out, browse all their stock slowly...;)

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I have used Sihl 3988 Aqueous Vinyl but it only comes in large rolls. I was able to get sample rolls from All Square in the past, but they still needed to be cut manually.

ogonzales

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L475
Hi @The Hat,

You said:

I use Papilio vinyl clear gloss, satin self-adhesive and decal paper, I laminate only the top printed area after the ink has dried thoroughly after several hours, they have lasted about 5 years out doors and still looking good.

May you mention, what printer do you use? what ink (dye or pgiment)? Do you use just transparent vinyl to laminate?

Is it necessary to let the ink dry for hours before laminating? At least the vinyl I'm using (bought from an Peruvian Oficial Epson Store - they said it was Epson Vinyl, not sure if that is true as it has no brand on it-) absorbs the vinyl quickly.

For me the problem is fading out doors and water, as I'm using dye inks, even when I'm laminating the humidity penetrates the stickers making the borders blurry.

YourInkedGirl

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L360
The site says it isn't available any longer, shoot, I would like to give this a try.
I wonder how much is the best adhesive paper nowadays. what's the brand and dimensions... My cousin is in the printing business and we are browsing for what is best for business purposes

peter_s

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson
Hi All,

I am looking for feedback/suggestions on a vendor/material for 8.5 x 11 sticker paper/vinyl material, that will be used in inkjet printers. Looking for a matte and glossy option as well.

Have tried Onlinelabels, Papilio, and various other inkjet vinyls, and not pleased with the results.

We produce indoor stickers, and looking to try out new vendors for both paper and inkjet vinyl substrates.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Tom
Not too long ago, my company was looking for a special signage material to use for a particular event. We wanted to create a seasonal window graphic to use in our showroom(like sticker format). We didn’t want to use PVC films, as they tend to look cheap and are hard to remove (I still have nightmares about scraping the film and glue residue after last event). I did some research, and I’ve found a brand called Veilish. Veilish is a self-adhesive printable film made of fabric. It is semi-transparent, so the printed graphics can be seen outside and inside. The adhesive is like a post-it glue, so it’s very easy to install and remove. It’s perfect for seasonal window graphics like Christmas decorations or sales. It takes literally 5 seconds to remove it in one piece. I can’t imagine using different material after trying Veilish. 100% can recommend.

Sotalo

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon imageProGraf 1000
I use Joyeza Premium Printable vinyl sticker paper. The glossy option personally, but they carry a matte version as well. I was thoroughly impressed by the coloring and coating of the gloss, it came out really nice and feels really well protected. Only problem, it costs around 50 cents per sheet. They're sold in packs of 25 sheets around $12-$13. I use them for stickers and one page can get me like 20-25 stickers, so a pack every so often is more than enough for my needs. Cuts well on a Sillhouette Cameo, though I recommend a force of 14 and a bit deeper cut to cut through the vinyl, even deeper if you want a clean "die" cut from the machine.