Spongeless cartridge from inkjetreset.com

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
These seem to be very interesting, but I had bad experiences with so-called sponge-free cartridges (unpredictable ink flow, causing the printhead starved from ink). Note: they only ship within the USA.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
I had bad experiences too... these are recorded in some of my first posts in this forum. But the design was radically different (worse) compared to this.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Why should you buy these cartridges ? The original Canon cartridges are still superior to any of these and refilling, using the German Durchstich method, is as easy as using these ones and maybe less messy when one forget to close the ink outlet port, causing the ink to spoil onto your table cloth... I would rather spend the money on good refill ink and a resetter.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
There are potential benefits if the design is correct: easier inspection of ink levels & more refills without purges.

Perhaps michele could post a few photos of them in action.

mapsy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I tested these cartridges before we purchased them, and they worked great, but have recently received issues from three people, which we of course we will refund.

So now I am looking into whether their items were defective or if there is something inherent in the design we missed. I will be emailing all our customers who purchased these to see what they have to say about them. It is going to be a challenge to get to the bottom of the issue. But to have three people have problems is too much in my opinion. We of course will refund buyers who have problems, if they will contact us quickly.

If we are unable to identify and rectify the issues, we will have to remove a whole lot of advertising and get back on track with a new supplier who has a sponge cartridge. I have found a good supplier with sponge cartridges and have asked him to send us samples to test.

As soon as I have something definite I will post it here.

If anyone on the forum has any ideas how to identify if one of these is defective, please email or post it here - any help in this arena is welcome. I want our customers to be happy, to save money on ink, and also to help keep carts out of landfills.

Thanks for being here.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
years ago I read very negative posts about Canon bci-6 replacement spongeless carts. Would be nice to have someone perfect the design so it would work as well as the sponge carts. This one has several very nice features, but if it doesn't work consistantly it is to be avoided.

mapsy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi to let you know we still do have some stock on the sponge free cartridges, but we had five people who had problems with them. After phone calling in an attempt to understand why there were problems, we discovered that the folks were refilling without capping the ink flow hole.

We have several customers who are very happy with these and have come back to purchase extra sets.

One customer uses tells me when using pgbk, that after a while he notices small bits of ink in the filament (I have to wonder what kind of ink he is using). He said, then he uses a tweezer, pulls the filament, washes it and puts it back in. He says he could not do this with a sponge cartridge, so he is very happy.

But we have lost our manufacturer for these carts, so when they are gone, we will no longer have them.

Thus we now also stock a good quality sponge cartridges. We have them in stock with or without auto reset chips for both the cli-8 series and the cli-221 series. I hope this is helpful.

This is my first visit to the forum since last august, and I really stopped by to let everyone know we now have the cli-221 resetters in stock and to continue to give inkjet forum members a little discount (regular price is $32, but for members $28, you just need to put INKJET FORUM in the subject line.

Thanks for being here and helping me and others with answers.