Sponge problems & flushing cartridges

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
Perhaps you missed that the underlined words in post #17 are links. I tried to make the text colour for the links blue, but the link feature seems not compatible with other text colour than black. "Mousing over" the links makes them change colour from black to brown. This reveals they are links and not just underlined text.

You find the centrifuge formula in here: http://clinfield.com/2012/07/how-to-convert-centrifuge-rpm-to-rcf-or-g-force/ and the reference to hundreds of g's in this post by Tudor: http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/cli-526-topfill.7696/page-6#post-59396

The centrifuge formula is G = 1.12 x R x (RPM/1000)² , R is the radius measured in millimetres, so inches are converted to millimetres by multiplying by 25.4. 20 inches equals 508 mm. We then get G = 1.12 x 508 x (100/1000) x (100/1000) = 5.7

To avoid converting inches to mm you can use this modified formula: G = 28.448 x R x (RPM/1000)² where the radius is inserted in inches.

Thanx Peter, so I guess that means I had about 5.7 Gs goin there. So you say you were up in the hundreds of Gs with the drill motor version? YIKES1 I guess that could be a little scary unless you were standing behind a wall or a shield of some kind. And to STRATMAN Im glad you liked my pics especially my sock picture. By the way the sock was freshly washed before using it. I have a thing about stinky ink.:ep

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@pearlhouse:

I do appreciate clean socks. Don't want any foot cheese contaminating the ink. :D

BTW, that looks like one of my socks and I am missing one sock. :confused:

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
@pearlhouse:

I do appreciate clean socks. Don't want any foot cheese contaminating the ink. :D

BTW, that looks like one of my socks and I am missing one sock. :confused:
I must admit I found it on the road the other day after all the snow had melted. It had a slight odor that's why I washed it. :gig

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
I like it. 5 g removed. That's quite a bit. Now I wonder how much water is still left. Anyone know what the cartridges would weigh in truly dry condition?