Sourcing pigment ink for Epson Stylus Photo 1500w

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm not really a friend of magic liquids like Nozzle Rocket or other magic bullets or flushes, the recipe above has been proven by members here, and you most likely won't need more.
The Fotonic dye inks performed very well when I tested them, much better than any other regular 3rd party dye ink but short of the genuine Fujifilm DL inks. But the/ DL inks are not available in smaller volumes than 200ml per color per cartridge. Give it a try, and if you are not happy pigment inks would be the only alternative. These Fotonic inks should run in any type of refill cartridge, not just those from Marrutt.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
o.k. - you are back to pigment inks now. Hybrid black - I can confirm that the InkTec Powerchrome K3 PK does not look pleasant, it gets a kind of metallic/aluminum like sheen against reflecting light which I observed as well. Mixing it with another ink or replacing it would be options in this case. But this shows that the perfect ink is not available yet, dye inks have a fading problem, pigment inks exhibit bronzing effects and gloss differences , and this varies with the paper/the surface type in combination with a particular ink .