Sources for empty CLI-42 cartridges?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I preach that very point in my canon videos but for some it seems to go in one ear and out another.
It’s a Feckin pity there aren’t any compatible print heads to go with these compatible cartridges. then it wouldn’t matter...:p

Reactions: tjk

kdsdata

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100 & Brother-L8900
Regarding when you buy CLI-42 carts from OctoInkjet, do recognize that they are used. To flush or not to flush is your choice. I flushed with Windex and water, and dried them. So you don't get ink all over, figure out how to hold the carts or what you can rig up to hold the carts, or where you place paper, etc., that's the hardest part. Once you figure out the details of flushing it's really not that difficult.

In any case I suggest you also get the "Canon Plugs" from OctoInkjet. They come with or without tabs, but most importantly those plugs fit the hole without having to drill the hole larger. Just remove the ball with a very small screw and "pulling". Do not twist sideways. Make sure you don't damage the sides of the hole where the ball sits. The plugs come in packages of 10, but are not expensive, and I find you can't have enough anyway, as they seem to disappear, only to be found later, stuck to something or other :)