Source for Canon Printhead...specifically for ip5000

nelda

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The printhead I have just died (5 orange blinks) and I am looking for a source for a new one. The previous source I used is no longer selling it. Looking for : Canon Pixma iP5000 QY6-0057-000. I have found it (hopefully) on ebay, will buy there if I cannot find a better price. I have 2 of these printers and love them, want to keep them going for as long as I can. I have some G&G carts to use with them and want to get them used up before I break down and get a newer (refillable) printer.

ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Thanks in advance!

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Have you tried your local authorized Canon service center? Mine will sell me print heads for the similar iP4000 for $55, including tax.

nelda

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
No I had not, I will have to check that out...going to the Canon website now to look for a local source. Thanks!

nelda

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I sthere an easy way to find a local supplier? I don't think the website lists them. I left them a message, we 'll see what they come up with.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
They used to have repair centers on their website but they recently changed their entire website structure so that information is no longer available on the internet. However, they do list a phone number 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) which you can call and after responding to a few menu options, you will get an operator who will give you information on a local service center.