Source for any Empty CLI-8 Cartridges?

dparadowski

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Has anybody found a source for empty CLI-8 Cartridges? I want to have a backup set prefilled so I can just swap out as I need to. I haven't seen any emptys for sale, but if worse comes to worse I could by a set of so generic prefilled and purge all the old ink out and refill with mine. Any suggestions/current users set up would be greatly appreciated.

CanonPhreak

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Without chips only is all I have found:

http://www.uink.com/catalog/easy-fill_cli-8_cartridge_blank_for_canon_-_pack_of_10_5171198.htm

dparadowski said:
Has anybody found a source for empty CLI-8 Cartridges? I want to have a backup set prefilled so I can just swap out as I need to. I haven't seen any emptys for sale, but if worse comes to worse I could by a set of so generic prefilled and purge all the old ink out and refill with mine. Any suggestions/current users set up would be greatly appreciated.

vkakula

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have listed my empty set on eBay: 250051888776

I have enough empty cartridges to make 5 sets but only have one CLI-8BK cartridge at the moment. For some reason this one takes the longest to empty.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If the new Canon printers that use chipped cartridges are like the older Canon printers, the CLI-8BK (like the BCI-6BK) takes a long time to empty for two reasons: it is never used on plain paper if your printer also has a pigment black cartridge and it is only used on photo paper for the very darkest part of an image.

See post #3 on this link:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1447

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
vkakula said:
I have listed my empty set on eBay: 250051888776

I have enough empty cartridges to make 5 sets but only have one CLI-8BK cartridge at the moment. For some reason this one takes the longest to empty.
If you're interested in naming a price on those carts and can give me a postage price to the UK I might be interested..

Happy to bid as normal though but the postage for all 5 sets (minus the CLI-8BK's is fine)..

Cheers