Something Odd ..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
16,254
Reaction score
9,191
Points
453
Location
Residing in Wicklow Ireland
Printer Model
Now have 3 Ender-3 V3 Plus SE/
Here’s something I came across the other day..

If I print the canon test sheet on the i9950, there is a very slight tint all around the printed area, and it doesn’t seem to be present on the Maxify printer ?..

I have darken the print to show the results much easier, on normal view is it not very viable..

Anyone else have this and on what printer.. !

test page.jpg click to enlarge..
 
I haven't this test page at hand to try. Where do you get it ?
 
Last edited:
I got my Danish version of the test page from Microsoft.

Here is a crop of the test pages for my two oldest printers:

Testpage.jpg


I have never noticed the light blue background on a Windows Printer Test Page.
 
The windows 10 printer test page only check black & cyan 😁
I miss the one on windows 7 with Color Logo

Tried to print the test page to pdf, but I didn't found the visible blue background.
Just confirmed it would apply the printer preference setting.
(Tried to set to glossy on epson to identify the difference on INK usage)
 
The windows 10 printer test page only check black & cyan 😁
I miss the one on windows 7 with Color Logo
Agreed, the new Windows printer Test Page is not a patch on the old Colour Logo..
 
Here’s something I came across the other day..

If I print the canon test sheet on the i9950, there is a very slight tint all around the printed area, and it doesn’t seem to be present on the Maxify printer ?..

I have darken the print to show the results much easier, on normal view is it not very viable..

Anyone else have this and on what printer.. !

View attachment 14183 click to enlarge..

Hey there T.H.

MY experience is that this is "overspray" caused by a head that is dying. (kind of like metal spatter that occurs with Flux-Core Welding if you know that process)

In my situation, a Roland, which has two heads, Black & Cyan shared and Yellow & Magenta shared, the Black and Cyan were showing this and we had to swap out the head.

I would not assume that that is going to be the same with all printers but this was the case with ours.

Cheers,
Christopher
 
That "overspray" idea sounds interesting, I think that could be checked by printing another text document. So @The Hat how does the i9950 print other text documents?
 
So @The Hat how does the i9950 print other text documents?
No problem whatsoever, this issue only occurs with the test page.. That’s why I made the thread, because it doesn’t make any sense to me...:hu
 
Back
Top