Something Happened on the way to the Forum...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Got this from the internet and I had to posted it, however I am sure most of the older refillers on here can relate to it...

Now allow me to set the scene....

Can you imagine her asking him to take the garbage out?

Uhmm... will I go out the back door or front?

Maybe the back is a shorter route Ermmmm...

Maybe its better I don't go via the front as the neighbours will send for the white coat men again..

Ummm did she ask me to take out the recycling bin, or the ordinary trash?

Dunno, maybe I could make a robot to take out the garbage...

"Hey honey, give me a couple of weeks and I'll have the garbage going out automatically"

Walks out back...now where is the trash can gone?

Long suffering has had enough and exits left...

The guy looks out and sees the trash can in the street....

Whoaaa how the heck did that get there? Maybe I'll measure the distance from the street to the yard, and then compare it with the distance I'd have to go to pick it up if I take the short cut via the garage...

Now let me see... it seems shorter to go via the garage,,,but then again it may take longer time as I would have to turn the bin through 90 degrees and navigate a slight curve at the sidewall...

I wonder does the municipal company have any data on how much rubber wears off each employees shoes on a typical pick up and move of a bin out to the dustcart....

Hmmm it may depend on how heavy the bin is..... as that would have an effect on the effort required and maybe extra pressure on the soles of the shoes.

If it's windy that would required more effort to overcome the drag on the bin.... now that's a thought...could a bin be built that has an aerofoil section like a sail on a racing yacht? It could take itself out then, whether the wind was blowing behind or towards it...

"Might be worth starting a discussion on this on a forum as it could save the Tax payers a fortune in taxes if they can shave a few pairs of shoes off the budget each year...

The guy retires to his den and breaks out the scientific calculator.....

Compliments to the Author. :lol:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I think you just described the thought processes for my Grandfather of 93... Retired engineer who would rather figure out the best self-sourced resolution to a problem that provides the optimal outcome.

His old answering machine was a case in point... Think he spent months on it.. built it himself, installed it... and for years he never got a message... We left hundreds...

I still think it was a deliberate feature ;)

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
however I am sure most of the older refillers on here can relate to it...
Do you mean refillers of any age who have been posting here a long time or refillers over the age of 65?:)

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
however I am sure most of the older refillers on here can relate to it...
Not sure what the criteria is, but maybe refilling and printer addiction can make one a bit detached from normal common sense reasoning whatever your age :D

Now where's my resetter gone, could have sworn it was on the table a minute ago :lol:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
In the meantime, his wife, running short on patience, takes the garbage out herself and then gets on with the hundred other tasks she must complete before finally going to bed.

:)