Some Printing facts about my Pro 9500 MK ll..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
She has not been used since the 19th February last, and when powered on, it started with the Ink Quality Maintenance routine (Shaking).. Next it did the customary cleaning cycle, and I followed that up with a Nozzle check.
Capture556.JPG snapped with the camera.. To lazy to scan.. peach.jpg

Because the nozzle check was perfect, I was then able to proceed to print a poster for my grandchild of Princess Peach size 325 x 465 mm and it came out great, as it should..

Then the printer ran another cleaning cycle and I was also able to observed it empting the purge unit of ink before it shut down again.

I emptied the printer potty to checked how muck ink it used for all the cleaning cycles and printing, the total used was 8.2 gm, could you imagine just how much ink it would have used in that time, if I had powered it on each week to run a nozzle print..?

P.S. 8.2 grams is about 1.5 ml per cartridge..

Here are the ink levels before and after printing, (Spot the difference !) I can't..!

Capture455.JPGCapture555.JPG

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
OEM or aftermarket ink and how old.
All 3rd party I.S. inks, bought back in 2010 and still going strong, and so much for the 60 hour massive cleaning cycle shite that some unmentionable guys go on about all the time, they mostly talk through their arse and don’t even know it..

A little bit of trust in your printer will go a long way.. Mine is now 12 year old and I still have one new head left with no issues of waste ink overflow.. The Printer Potty is its best asset and I can highly recommend them..

Last edited:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Yes, but Chroma optimizer is missing in your nozzle test... :hide

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Yes, but Chroma optimizer is missing in your nozzle test.
No it isn’t, because I have another dedicated 9500 setup to print Chroma optimiser on all my prints.. ;)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Granddaddy is still king of Canon and a little girl's hero. :thumbsup

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
She has not been used since the 19th February last, and when powered on, it started with the Ink Quality Maintenance routine (Shaking).. Next it did the customary cleaning cycle, and I followed that up with a Nozzle check.
View attachment 12692 snapped with the camera.. To lasy to scan.. View attachment 12695

Because the nozzle check was perfect, I was then able to proceed to print a poster for my grandchild of Princess Peach size 325 x 465 mm and it came out great, as it should..

Then the printer ran another cleaning cycle and I was also able to observed it empting the purge unit of ink before it shut down again.

I emptied the printer potty to checked how muck ink it used for all the cleaning cycles and printing, the total used was 8.2 gm, could you imagine just how much ink it would have used in that time, if I had powered it on each week to run a nozzle print..?

P.S. 8.2 grams is about 1.5 ml per cartridge..

Here are the ink levels before and after printing, (Spot the difference !) I can't..!

View attachment 12690View attachment 12691
I suppose the printer was at the maximum purge volume, a proof indeed it doesn't make much sense to try to time it. Either you print with it or you shut it down.
Good to know too it wasn't clogged after 6 months.

PS: I use several OEM and 3th party inks older than 10 years too.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I haven’t been doing much photo printing for the past several years and this is not the first time I’ve left the printer to sit unattended, but once a bit of preparation is used with start-up then the threat of clogs are minuscule, I just don’t start up and print straight away, caution is strongly recommended..

There can be so many myths and bullS*** used by these that want to make money, they use hearsay and have no practical experience on these issues, another is leave your printer on 24/7 to avoid big cleaning cycles..:duc