Some files print, others do not

retro1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 1430
Hello everyone, for the last 5 years I've been using Photoshop as my go to program for uploading, manipulating, creating files, for printing. In that time I didn't experience any life threatening problems with PS until the 2022 version was released on line. Soon after PS 2022 was uploaded on to my desktop computer I started experiencing a problem trying to print my files that has lasted until this very day. The problem is when I select a file to print PS crashes immediately, however that's not the case with all my files because some files PS does not seem to have a problem with at all. With some files PS will let me pull up, set up, hit print, and everything works the way it should, but with other files I can't get passed selecting for print before PS crashes. Now here's what I can not understand (and apparently) neither can the PS phone technicians. All the files I use for printing I have created myself, so I know how each file was saved as, the size, the color profile, DPI, resolution, ect. So when I say that all the files I use for printing are all saved as TIFF files, at 300 DPI, ICC color profiles I'm saying that the files I use are all the same, yet some files PS will let me print and others not a chance. If some one out there has experienced a similar simulation, and or thinks they can help shed some light on this on going problem I'm having with PS I would greatly it very much. Thank you in advance

DaveReading

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Photosmart D5160
With your "rogue" files, what happens if you save as a .PSD and then reopen that in PS and try to print ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Soon after PS 2022 was uploaded on to my desktop computer I started experiencing a problem trying to print my files that has lasted until this very day. The problem is when I select a file to print PS crashes immediately,
Try opening your files first in the new version of Photoshop and then print or open, save and then print, its most likely a compatibility issue..