:Solved: Strange stripes printing problem

geridimova

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I've got a really strange problem with a refilled cartridge on an hp deskjet f4580. It prints about one page normally and then stripes with no ink appear. If I don't print for a while it can print one page properly but only one. Like it needs a rest after every page...:) I've tried cleaning the nozzles with the hp software, brushing the print head with soft tissue soaked with warm water, tried cleaning it with hot water and the problem stays. And this is only a second refill of this cartridge and I was very careful when refilling it. Oh, and I read somewhere about the "air bubble problem", so I injected ink even deeper inside. That didn't help either. I know the hp300 cartridges are cheap, but I really print a lot and I don't really like the idea of buying a new one every week. Well, if anyone has an idea as to what the problem might be, please share, I'd be very grateful!

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
One of the biggest problem people have when refilling hp cartridges is running them out of ink. The cartridge should never be allowed to run out of ink, and ideally should be topped up instead of allowed to run out. If they are allowed to run out they develop a lot of ink flow issues like you're having. One possible solution is to pressurize the cartridge by plugging all the vent holes but one by taping over all but one of the holes and serpentine paths then carefully blowing into the open vent. This should force ink into all the print heads and may solve your problem. If not then the cartridge is done for and you should start with a fresh one and never let it run out.

geridimova

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply! Well, I didn't have to do this, I just topped it up with ink and it works now. I reinstalled all drivers also, because I read that it might be a software problem.So, I'm not sure which exactly was the problem. Anyway, it's working now! :D