SOLVED (See how) : Epson T10 nozzle check problem

chirantha7777

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
SOLVED : Thanks to The Hat for all the support he gave (is he the only good helping person left here? :( )

When I first bought the printer I bought some refillable cartridges and used some cheap ink. Afterwords I bought a CISS and they gave good quality ink with it. When I looked closely at the head park I saw thick stoned like ink on the blue colored box. I used isopropyl with a cotton swab to take out that stoned like ink off the pad. I also placed a peace of paper along the print area and manually bought the head over it and rubbed the head back and forth slightly, and guess what I found! A Dog hair! After running two cleaning cycles everything seems to back to normal :)

I abandoned Canon because of ink flow issues :) Epson all the way

Here is my nozzle check of my Epson T10.

It was working fine with the CISS for like 2 weeks now but all of the sudden the blue nozzle check jagged and my photo prints now have lines in them :( Help me guys. And Yes I tried head cleaning.... I also checked the cartridges. They have ink in them.

printprob5.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
chirantha7777

You could check to see if theres any air in the cyan tube just before it enters the top of the cartridge..:|

chirantha7777

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
cyan tube is ok.. but magenta has some air. But I had air at the top of the tube since day one. When it starts printing the air disappears (it comes back when the printer docks)...but is why the cyan nozzle are so misaligned.. May be there is air in the print head? I tried many cleaning cycles.... no avail.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
chirantha7777

Are you talking about misalignment or fading print. I dont know if its related but when I am printing photos on my canon CISS printers I always leave the lid of my printer half-way open so as not to interfere with the travel of the print head and the tubing.. ;)

chirantha7777

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I tried to do a head alignment but look how the cyan shows up. The Hat, there is no block in the tubing... ink flows fine... I just don't know whats wrong with this damn thing.

I also removed the carts and pulled some ink into the cart to fill it up. Now there are no air bubbles in the tubing.

The odd thing is the cyan nozzle is jagged.. all the nozzles are firing but none are aligned properly... why is this? can't you see? the nozzle check is Zig Zagged.

printprob3.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
chirantha7777

I am not great with the Epson CISS but it looks like you have a blockage in the cyan nozzles. What type of ink are you using?.. :|

chirantha7777

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
chirantha7777

I am not great with the Epson CISS but it looks like you have a blockage in the cyan nozzles. What type of ink are you using?.. :|
Dye based.. I'm not sure but I think the CISS evaporated some ink (its really hot here, topping 38C) and the ink got thick... does this happen? can it cause this problem?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
chirantha7777

does this happen? can it cause this problem?
The CISS system can have all sorts of problems and everything is possible rule nothing out. As I said earlier its important to use the best ink to minimise the risk with ink flow..